Pitching Al B's bugs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WalkingStickMan

Reaction score
Hey guys,

When you use Al B's stuff, do you pitch only the amount that's in the container, or use some sort of starter? As far as I know, the starter is going to throw that delicate balance out of whack, and possibly even eliminate some strains altogether. So, how do you guys pitch the Bugfarm?

Not answering your question but I've been wanting to get my hands on the Bugfarm for a while. Where did you get it from?

Ive just pitched as normal, so long as the tube is fresh (Ive been lazy a few times and waited), otherwise Ive begun adding a tiny bit of a dry sacch packet

On the last bugfarm I just pitched directly into the wort and it was fermenting within ~24hrs

Barc - Al on BBB makes it and sends it out, the only way is to get on one of the distributions he does, there hasnt been much activity lately though, as Al is gearing up for small production year round that you can purchase

Barc - Al on BBB makes it and sends it out, the only way is to get on one of the distributions he does, there hasnt been much activity lately though, as Al is gearing up for small production year round that you can purchase

Thanks for the info. I posted a note to his latest update on the BugFarm / Saison thread over there but never got a reply. I'd love to get a batch of it to add to my collection...

Cool, thanks ryan. It's pretty fresh, it's actually batch #4. It's not up on BBB, but my lhs guy used to watch Al's cats, so he's got the hookup. :) What kind of stuff have you made with your bugfarm, Ryan?

Back