Old BK makes a nice fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sudbuster

This ain't my first rodeo....
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
10gBK.JPG

i'm pretty sure that you can see a rubber seal around the lid. but i thought the same thing until i looked a little closer. i love home brew talk

What's the point of the airlock? The lid isn't airtight is it?

Very cool, nonetheless:mug:

i'm pretty sure that you can see a rubber seal around the lid. but i thought the same thing until i looked a little closer. i love home brew talk

The pot is an old ten gallon BK from before I moved up to 10 gal batches. It was made airtight by simply using elecrical tape around the rim. You can see that the airlock bubbler is at the top. It works fine for an extra fermenter. Wish I'd have done it before, because it has been on the shelf for years. :(

So do you have to screw around with electrical tape every time you use the fermenter? Sounds like work to me....:confused:

I draw a sample through the airlock hole with a pipette and drop a little on the glass of the refractometer. When it's over, it will go to the secondary. One time on, one time off. Then the pot will go back on the shelf. It has 6 gallons of merlot in it.

Back