damn this place

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nghtmre4u

Reaction score
well just got into home brewing got my first batch of american wheat going last week and after reading alot on here i am addicted and havent even tasted my first batch yet when i started was just gonna try and bottle a batch or two well since then i have gathered the parts i needed to build my kegerater it came out very well i think for a noob i picked up 2 free corny kegs got 5lb air tank and regulater for 25 bucks a fridge off craiglist for 25 bucks a new tower with spigot and line for 50 and the rest of my fittings lines and everything i needed to finish this project for 30 so i am only in 130 bucks and it cameout so nice swmbo even let me keep it upstairs i will post pics tommorow i cleaned kegs realy well and right now i am testing for any leaks i pressurized the tank to 30 shut off air and just gonna let it sit till tommorow and see if it holds i turned air back on after a few hours and did not hear any air go back in so i assume it held but will wait till morning for real test also sprayed all fittings with soapy water looking for bubbles and didnt see anything if theres anything else you gurus can think of before i try to keg my first brew let me know if it wasnt for all your posts on here i wouldnt of gotten this done so my first draft will be to yous:mug:

Funny...My obsession started with building a kegerator. I knew a guy that had been brewing and talked my wife into letting me get the equipment to brew...a few thousand later....HAHAHAHA!!!

:tank:

I don't have a problem, I can quit whenever I want... I just need to buy more conies because I only have one empty, and I need to get more ingredients to brew. Long weekend coming up here, and if I don't brew there's no telling what I'll do..

On a side note, did you replace your O-rings on those cornies!?!? I definitely would since you got them used (need all 5 o rings and 7/8 or 11/16 deep socket depending on keg).

well held pressure overnight so that is good heres a pic of it will get some more of the inside up later off to work i go

kegarater.jpg

well i forced carbed my batch and for being very young i am very pleased with it and if it will only get better i am hooked brewed my second batch today and ordered a third from northern brewer thanks to deathbrewers easy stove top all grain brewing tutorial i ordered a irish red ale all grain kit and i am gonna try that thanks again for all the helpful info :ban::mug:

congrats man, Kegging is where it's at. I started kegging to eliminate bottling, but that's now considered one minor benefit. Walking to feet away and drawing a pint of your home made beer off your home made keezer is awesome, Knowing it's better than most beers you'd buy down the street for much more money, priceless.

Latest posts

Back