Group Buy in Chicago #3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bmason1623

Reaction score
There were a few people who were not able to get into the last group buy so we (Demon and I) are conducting group buy#3. Please private message Demon your HBT username, email address and your grain request. He will then email me the info and I will maintain the spreadsheet and email everyone the link. He will also be handling the money instead of me. The grain pick up would be at my place again. So if you missed out on the last buy or perhaps wanted to get some additional grains that you weren't able too here's your chance.

This will likely be the last shot to stock up for winter so get your orders in! PM me directly with your orders please. Orders posted in this thread will not be added into the purchase unless it is also sent to me in PM. Please finalize all split purchases before submitting to me. Thanks!

On average it's been taking about 6 weeks from the initial announcement of a group buy to actual pick up of grain. So I'm thinking pick up will be around the week of September 25th. Let's see if we can do this quicker than usual this time.

I'd like to get some pilsner malt if possible, but I don't need a whole bag right now, so if someone wants to split one with me please let me know.

Hey demon I will post it on my brew club site. Check us out if you want. Bill recently joined and has been very helpful and productive. I'll let you know if anyone wants anymore grains.

chaosbrewclub.ning.com

Looking for someone to split a sack of Rauchmalt. Prefereably Best Malz, not Briess, but in the end I suppose it doesn't matter too much.

bmason, whereabouts is the pickup?

Looking for someone to split a sack of Rauchmalt. Prefereably Best Malz, not Briess, but in the end I suppose it doesn't matter too much.

bmason, whereabouts is the pickup?

The same place as usual, the vicinity of Grand & Cicero Aves.

EDIT: Breiss malt is not available to us.

Is there a catalog or something along those lines that we can look through?

PM Demon and he will send you the link to the price list. Once I get the spreadsheet together he will also send the participants the link for it.

Sorry about the last buy. My stepfather had a minor grabber and I forgot all about it until it was too late. But anyway put me down for at least 6 sacks now and can you send me the price list again. And did they allow DME purchases or just grain?

Thanks!

Ryan

Sorry about the last buy. My stepfather had a minor grabber and I forgot all about it until it was too late. But anyway put me down for at least 6 sacks now and can you send me the price list again. And did they allow DME purchases or just grain?

Thanks!

Ryan

I have sent two emails asking if anything else besides grains (except for Breiss) is available to us. The girl who handles my requests is on vacation until next week so I probably wont get an answer til then (even thoug i CC'd others in the email). I hope your pops is doing fine now.

hops, light malt extract (liquid or dry), and cleaning supplies are now available to us. Breiss is still not available. We will need to determine how to calculate shipping for those ordering only hops and/or cleaning supplies.

I'm picking up a bag of two row and a bag of maris otter. Did anyone want to split up a bag of some sort of wheat by any chance?

n2deep said:
I'm picking up a bag of two row and a bag of maris otter. Did anyone want to split up a bag of some sort of wheat by any chance?

PM Demon with your order request. Thanks.

For those of you new to our group buys, it's easier for the people running it if you can coordinate split orders aving yourselves either through this thread, PMs or email then PM Demon with the final tally.

hops, light malt extract (liquid or dry), and cleaning supplies are now available to us. Breiss is still not available. We will need to determine how to calculate shipping for those ordering only hops and/or cleaning supplies.

Don’t they only sell Breiss DME/LME? So we can buy Breiss products just not their grain? And do you know if we can get fruit puree and spices this time around?

Don’t they only sell Breiss DME/LME? So we can buy Breiss products just not their grain? And do you know if we can get fruit puree and spices this time around?

This is the email that I received from MCM:

"We can sell home brew clubs the light malt extract (liquid or dry). We cannot sell the other dry/liquid malt extract varieties or any of the Briess grains to the clubs per Briess."

So it sounds like the only Breiss product available to us is light DME or LME. Still waiting to hear back on the other stuff that is listed on the home brewers catalog which Demon will pass on the link to those participating.

Per MCM:

"Everything in the home brew catalog is available to you. The commercial catalog is the restricted catalog. All Briess and BrewCraft items are unavailable to the home brew clubs per the vendors.
So, if the vendor is Briess or BrewCraft then no, not available. If you would like to purchase San Fransisco Herb products that is completely fine.
As mentioned yesterday, the only Briess products available are the Light Pilsen dry and liquid malt extracts."

Ask Demon for the catalog link.

n2deep said:

I'll split a bag of wheat with you. PM me and we can work out the details.

I thought there would be more interest in another group buy. Maybe it's too soon after the last one. I think 20 sacks would be the minimum if we can't get the ideal 42 sacks. Just keep in mind that the shipping cost is $78 and the more sacks we get on an order the cheaper the shipping costs per sack. So if you want to stock up for the fall/winter now's your chance. Ask your brewing buddies if they want to get in. Let's make this happen again! Thanks.

we're at 15 bags so far not including any splits or Nillo's CHAOS brewing club order.

Demon, I know I mentioned that if I wasn't ordering anything for myself that I didn't want to handle the money. I was wondering if you could make an exception and allow me to order a bag or two yet you still handle the money? Let me know.

Ok, just enetered Niilo's order and mine. We're up to 20 bags. I have an email out for another person an am awaiting their response. Ask around if anyone needs grain, hops, cleaning supplies, etc.

I will split half a sack of pils! Woohoo! On condition that it not be Canadian. I'd prefer BestMalz but will also do Franco Belges.

Also, I would really really like to split a sack of Vienna or Munich with someone. Please PM me and lmk.

Btw, I'm in Niilo's brewclub and received grain from the last buy. Thanks a bunch. This helps a lot. I'm trying to get some interest going in splitting specialty grain with our club, but there's been very little response. I'll let them know that there's interest in Chocolate and Rauch on here and see if there are any bites. I think some of us are looking to split Crystal 60 and Rice Hulls. We have two for each so far if anyone wants to buy in for a third.

Also, I'll buy in for a third of Chocolate.

Oh, by the way, Niilo and bmason, this is Daniel.

I will split half a sack of pils! Woohoo! On condition that it not be Canadian. I'd prefer BestMalz but will also do Franco Belges.

Also, I would really really like to split a sack of Vienna or Munich with someone. Please PM me and lmk.

Btw, I'm in Niilo's brewclub and received grain from the last buy. Thanks a bunch. This helps a lot. I'm trying to get some interest going in splitting specialty grain with our club, but there's been very little response. I'll let them know that there's interest in Chocolate and Rauch on here and see if there are any bites. I think some of us are looking to split Crystal 60 and Rice Hulls. We have two for each so far if anyone wants to buy in for a third.

Also, I'll buy in for a third of Chocolate.

Oh, by the way, Niilo and bmason, this is Daniel.

Cool, put me down for a half sack of bestmalz pils then. Thank you.

2 for franco-belges vienna then. I'll make sure it gets put in, either through niilo or demon.

Wernerherzog said:
2 for franco-belges vienna then. I'll make sure it gets put in, either through niilo or demon.

Daniel, maybe you can keep a running tab on CHAOS in conjunction with Niilo.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Home Brew Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back