Best place to buy kegerator kits and parts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kegkits.com.... i have met the owner 2 or three times, done business with him to the tune of $1500 and counting, all my chums get their stuff from him, and he gives good discounts if you buy over certain dollar amounts.... so sweet.... the website isnt the best, he made it himself.....and he only ships things 2 days a week..... cause he works another job, but its a labor of love, and thats why the prices are cheap, also the store is in Alabama where homebrewing is illegal, (his store is perfectly legal) so it helps those guys out too, check out the prices.... if you are buying a certain amount he normally beats whatever other online stuff you can find.....hope this helps you out, thell him you heard about the store from Chris up in Nashville

o yah, nice avatar btw.... i loved Groo the wanderer

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but if anyone knows where you can get kegerator kits/parts in the UK please let me know! I can't seem to find ANYWHERE that sells them!
PM me if you can help, so as not to hijack the thread.
Thanks
H

Opherman-

Yeah, I've looked at several places and Kegkits.com seems to be the best deal.. Pretty much dcided that's where I am going to go to. Ordering the homebrewer 3 tap kegerator conversion tank, the tank, 4 corny kegs, and an extra tap set-up...... I am very excited.. Thanks for the comment on Groo.. Very seldom someone recognizes it.. Did you know they are making an animated Groo movie? Supposedly in the works now.. Hope it's as good as the comics.. (I've collected almost all the Groo comics and also have a DVD with every issue of Groo ever printed!)

Onelegout- here is place for you- Dont know anything about the business since I am not in the UK.. Hope it helps
Kegcoolers Kegerators & Beer Equipment Mobile Bar

I like kegconnection. Since I live a town over from them, twice the guy has driven over to SA from San Marcos to deliver the goods, he was coming in to do some business, but still was nice of them. This was done to save me UPS costs. Nice guys. Yesterday he delivered to my work.

i'm in the process of getting a charge taken off my credit card because kegkits.com screwed me. horrible people to deal with. i will never do business with them again.

I just went through Learn to brew (Learn To Brew: Homebrew & Wine Making Supplies) for a two tap tower with CO2 btl, two cornies totally reconditioned, self shut off taps, manifold, two gauge, all lines and hook ups for under $350. I thought it was a great deal. Best part is it is so finished that all you really have to do is connect it a run. everything comes assembled.

i'm in the process of getting a charge taken off my credit card because kegkits.com screwed me. horrible people to deal with. i will never do business with them again.

I had the same problem with Tom Hargrave not refunding my $100 on some bilchman legs. Talked to him 3 different times over the course of 3 months, and he promised each time to credit my account. Well finally had to call my credit card company... and file a complaint with the BBB ....which he never responded to. Thats to bad....he seemed like a nice guy...
Kegkits dba Tom Hargrave - Beer Home Brewing Equipment & Supplies - Better Business Bureau

-1 for Kegkits.com. Took forever to get my regulator. Doesn't respond to emails or phone calls. The only time I talked to him was when he actually answer the phone and promised to ship it that night....didn't ship... til I called again and left not so nice message a week later. Makes you wonder what would have happened if I hadn't called.....I dunno...dude says that they are really busy....I can dig it...but come'on....At least respond to a phone message or email with an explanation....it's basic customer service....Anyway back to the original post (sorry about that) I've always had good luck with...

http://www.micromatic.com/

and

http://www.kegworks.com/home.php?xid=28425e9d77dbf1eacfdc540cf64dd0bb

yeah, Tom from kegkits would tell me the same stuff..."oh its shipping tonight" and all that other crap. i do understand he is busy, but at least just come out and say "hey you're keg will 1 month out". he really pissed me off with all the run around and BS.

but back to the question, i've put my business back with AHBS and Northernbrewer for all my keg stuff.

+1 on Micromatic and a big ole definite -----1 on kegkits.com. I placed a rather large order with them and same as everyone else, no response or when you did get one it was "shipping tonight or tomorrow" never did. Took over a month to get a my product.

Bull,
I'm currently looking at either

2 Keg Basic Keg Kit, Dispenses two kegs at once! (Separate Check Valves!)
Which is $210 (not counting shipping).

or

Brew Logic Dual Tap Draft System- with Reconditioned CO2 Tank :: Midwest Supplies Homebrewing and Winemaking Supplies
Which is $200 (not counting shipping).

I just can't tell if there's a difference between the 2 kits, or if one site is just charging an extra $10. But these are the cheapest sites that I've managed to find so far.

I think most of the folks here would recommend that you buy spare o-rings and keg lube when you order.

Another vote for kegconnection.com. I got all my stuff from there. Great products, great prices and great service.

I went with Midwest and Micro Matic for any parts I needed after my KegKits experience.

Getting the parts within the week I ordered them was a novel experience after fooling around with Tom for a month.

YMMV

I went with Keg connection becuause I heard of quite a few people having issues with the Midwest regulators.. plus I wanted to be able to carb and serve at the same time so I upgraded to new taprite regulator.. You could not do this with the Midwest 2 keg setup.

It cost a little extra but in my past I have always tried to save a little money and then I'm not happy with what I purchased so I end up spending more trying to get what I really wanted... So instead of $200 it was alot closer to $300 with S/H and tax.

I also purchsed 4 kegs from Adventures in homebrewing.. or homebrewing.org... 17.99 each...

http://www.homebrewing.org/5-Gallon-Cornelious-Keg-Ball-Lock_p_21-70.html

I vote for Kegconnection. I'm not sure about having to upgrade to taprite, when I bought my kit from them, all the kits already came with a taprite regulator. I'd say go with keg connection. Twice they've actually driven to my house to drop a purchase off, and have always corrected any issues I had. A few times they sent the wrong disconnect and shank, and they just sent me new ones and said to keep what I had. Nice guys.

Well, as the orginator of this post, I can say that in the time I since I first posted it, I have ordered from, and received, a 4 keg homebrew system from kegconnections.com. I am happy with it, but my CO2 manifold has a leak.. I am sure he will take care of it for me, but as of now, I am very happy with kegconnection. I am so glad I did not go with kegkits.com..........

Can you tell where the leak is? You might be able to just tighten it, or loosen, reapply some white plumbing tape and tighten back up. Most of the parts , except the regulator are really non-mechanical, and unless the thread are stripped, it should be a basic fix.

I wish I would have read this thread earlier. I placed an order on kegkits.com about 12 days ago, it still hasn't shipped and they won't respond to my emails. I cancelled my order on their web site and contacted Paypal looking to get my money refunded.

old thread, but has anyone had experience with kegworks? one positive mention of it in this thread from 2 years back. there is no distributor of keg stuff in europe for the hobbyist, a few people keg but nobody builds kegerators, and this is one of the few places that will sell to europe without hassle and at seemingly reasonable prices. suggestions welcome thanks

Back