counter pressure bottle filler problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blitzcreeg

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm having an issue with my counter preasure filler. Instead of the beer coming out the main stem like its supposed to its coming out of the pressure relief valve when I try to counter preasure it to make a flow. It only releases the beer from the main stem when there is no pressure in the bottle. So its not working properly when pressurize. It runs like a faucet once I take the stopper off the bottle and ot releases the co2 in the bottle. Luckily I'm trying this with sanitizer solution so no loss of beer. Can someone please tell me what on earth is going:confused:

your gas relief valve should be much shorter and not directly connected to the beer line so that beer cannot exit.

first pressurize the bottle, and vent the oxygen out (make sure the beer line valve is closed).
then make sure that both the keg and the bottle are at the same pressure with a max of 10 psi, i would do 7 or 8. with the beer valve open now there shouldn't be any flow anywhere. as you slowly vent the bottle the beer should slowly flow into the bottle.

i'm sorry if i stated things you already knew.

but you said it only releases beer when there is now pressure in the bottle. that's kind of the idea, as you lessen the pressure in the bottle, it slowly fills.

Yes, but when its under pressure it doesnt come out the stem it comes out the relief valve until I burb the bottle then it will come out the stem. What do u mean by making it the gas valve shorter. Here are my pics hope u can direct me what's exactly wrong. Thanks and cheers

ForumRunner_20130208_133609.jpg

ForumRunner_20130208_133639.jpg

ForumRunner_20130208_133655.jpg

Although your beer and gas in line should run directly through the gas relief valves housing, it should be a solid line so that liquid could not possibly escape through the relief valve.
http://hbd.org/mtippin/images/cpfiller.gif

Found this diagram on google. Note the gray tube from the first tee runs directly through the valve's tee and stopper. Where the short copper tube allows the gas to be released. I couldn't tell for your picture if you have it setup this way. If you do, then it should fill as you release the pressure release valve. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your help cpl. It is very much appreciated. Your last description helped me understand exactly what u originally said. Problem should be fixed and I should be able to counter fill some beer tonight. Thanks again

Yes, it works like a charm now. Chilled all equipment and began filling that night. Thanks again for taking the time to help me

Latest posts

Back