Lessons Learned... Don't inhale!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alers22

Reaction score
I opened my chest freezer yesterday to check on my vigorously fermenting Breakfast Stout clone. Well I leaned in too far and inhaled and I got a rush of off-gasses from the blow-off tube container. I felt like I inhaled acid and it was burning my sinuses and it really hurt like heck!! Of course my wife just laughed her *ss off.

The lesson here? Be smarter than me and don't inhale while your head is in a gas filled chest freezer...

I just had to share.

hah, it's a lesson everyone who uses a chest freezer as a fermentation chamber must learn on their own.

Reminds me of how stupid i was one year as a kid, sitting in a hot tub with the floaty bromine/chlorine thing...i was like huh i wonder what this smells like...

OMG THE PAIN, THE INSIDE OF MY NOSE IS MELTING...

Single dumbest thing ive ever done without thinking lol.

I was going to clean a fermenter for the first time and got a big whiff of co2...about fell off the ladder I was on.

That stuff is no joke, let it vent and even then be careful because it lingers for quite a while.

Huffing carbon dioxide is never fun unless you're a plant based life form

That is Signature quality

Back