So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This guy! Either a blonde or English bitter.... My second brew. Any recommendations with a quick turn around?

Hoping to get an easy mild in primary.

7.0 lb pale
1.5 lb 60L

1 oz EKG 45 mins
1 oz EKG 15 mins

London ale yeast

Brewing a Russian imperial stout this weekend and hopefully aging until Christmas. Gonna try and break 10% abv for the first time!

Last weekend I brewed just shy of 200L (a bit more than 50gal) for an upcomming event. This weekend its all for me - a single batch (6 gal) of a nice summer ale.

Bryan

So this weekend our city is having an arts Alive on the river fest so right next to the river bands art food and... Beer so I am doing 2 demos for the crowd sat/sunday. Saturday will be a lemon grass hefe and Sunday I am looking at a Flanders red

Kolsch with the 2575 seasonal from Wyeast. Still looking for a recipe. I didn't like the way my normal recipe turned out last time. Also, how low do you think I can actively ferment with this yeast? I'd like to use my kegerator.

Last weekend I made a test batch of cream ale. This weekend I am cooking up two experimental batches so I can learn the difference in taste between a recipe with and without rye. Keeping it basic, one batch with straight two row, and the other 50/50 two row and rye.

Doing an oatmeal stout. I'd love to split it and do half with Denny's Fav and half with Bell's house yeast, but I think I can only fit one fermenter in the ferm chamber. I'll probably stick with the Bell's.

This weekend my brother-in-law and I are having what we call a "Brewhana". We will be brewing two batches for a total of 22 gallons for my brother's wedding in Mid August!

On the agenda: 11 gal of BM's Cream of Three Crops Cream Ale + 11 gal of our SN Pale Ale Clone. Can't wait!

Last nights rain cancelled my plans. Beautiful out today, so I'll be brewing a classic English style pa when I get home from work.

Some of us perversely get more pleasure from brewing than drinking, so, no, a full ferm chamber doesn't make me happy!

I unfortunately understand, I was just trying to look on the bright side. I can't brew this weekend because all my vessels are full except the keg in my kegerator.

Ale Pales are only $12 at my LHBS

I unfortunately understand, I was just trying to look on the bright side. I can't brew this weekend because all my vessels are full except the keg in my kegerator.

Ale Pales are only $12 at my LHBS

My problem isn't fermentors, but temperature controlled ferm chamber space. I'll just have to sweat it out and skip a week!

Tomorrow I'll be brewing up an APA with:

10 lb MO
1 lb C40

Amarillo & Citra

I don't remember the hop additions offhand. There's a FWH of Amarillo to bitter and then a big hop burst from 15-0 of Amarillo & Citra, plus a big dry hop of the two.

Should be something like OG 1.052 and IBU 40.

Dig Dunkelweizen tomorrow..
Code:
6 lbs                 Wheat Malt, Ger (2.0 SRM)                Grain         2        47.4 %        
2 lbs 8.8 oz          Munich Malt (9.0 SRM)                    Grain         3        20.2 %        
2 lbs                 Pilsner (2 Row) Ger (2.0 SRM)            Grain         4        15.8 %        
6.4 oz                Caramel/Crystal Malt - 40L (40.0 SRM)    Grain         5        3.2 %         
6.4 oz                Special B Malt (180.0 SRM)               Grain         6        3.2 %         
3.2 oz                Carafa I (337.0 SRM)                     Grain         7        1.6 %         
1.6 oz                Black (Patent) Malt (500.0 SRM)          Grain         8        0.8 %         
0.50 oz               Hallertauer [4.80 %] - First Wort 90.0 m Hop           9        8.3 IBUs      
0.40 oz               Hallertauer [4.80 %] - Boil 15.0 min     Hop           10       2.8 IBUs      
0.10 oz               Hallertauer [4.80 %] - Boil 5.0 min      Hop           11       0.3 IBUs

In a couple of hours, I'll be brewing my very first batch ever. I recently got a starter kit from Northern Brewers and will be trying their Irish Stout extract kit.

Glad to have found these forums. I've learned a lot in the last week just lurking and reading threads.

Going to be brewing a British Bitter tomorrow morning. A nice 10g batch. Hoping for it to be done for the 4th. Should be a nice quaffer. Started the 1800mL starter last night. This morning it was chugging away.

In a couple of hours, I'll be brewing my very first batch ever. I recently got a starter kit from Northern Brewers and will be trying their Irish Stout extract kit.

Glad to have found these forums. I've learned a lot in the last week just lurking and reading threads.

Congratulations. Brew on!

Fantastic! :mug:

Going to give the Hop Head Double IPA kit from MIdwest a shot this weekend. Been so busy I have to get the pipeline going.
Next up, a cream ale for my 'non hoppy' friend drinkers. I figure with 3 taps, I should have a variety even if one tap is one I may not use much.

Kicked off with a pale ale last night. Today will be a German wheat, tomorrow a pale IPA, and then an English brown/ESB.

Rye pale ale this evening. Just a 5.5 gal batch because it's going to be a bigger beer.

I really need to ramp up production though. The kegs! They just don't last!

Back