$15.00 price range?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Papinquack

Reaction score
:eek:can anyone reccomend a decent tasting commercial beer worth drinking in the $15.00 price range? Stop laughing, I'm serious. I brew my own because I dont want to pay for one case what I can pay to make two of my own. Im in between batches and since theres nothin here I thought I'd ask. STOP LAUGHING!

More information. What type of beer style are you looking for? If nothing in particular, just go to the store and pick up a 6 pack of any microbrew. Chances are it will be good.

Stone Ruination is about $15 for a FOUR pack...and worth every penny!

A case here means 24.
you can get a case of crap for £15 or a good for £36

That was $30 and $72 6 months ago. now it around $15.01 and $36.01

Yes, it does here too. $15 for a case, I just paid $22 for 2 sixes of average craft beer. Silly, silly boy.

My local beer store has Miller High Life listed for $15.61 per case. I think it's worth drinking, but in the next cooler over there's Weihenstephaner and Oskar Blues....

A case here means 24.
you can get a case of crap for £15 or a good for £36

That was $30 and $72 6 months ago. now it around $15.01 and $36.01

The pound hasn't really dropped that much has it?

18 bottles of bud for around 15ish, u get more for ur money and its an ok beer in my opinion, and of course bottles

Look for mail-in-rebates... I got two 18-packs of Miller Lite for something like $7 after $20 MIR around Thanksgiving. I had wanted to get Coke, but I figured I might as well get the cheaper, beer-flavored soda.

Budweiser American Ale is actually quite decent, costs $5 a sixpack at my Target ($6.50 most other places), and has non-screw caps, so you can use the bottles for your homebrew later on.

I don't know if these would be available to you, but Sam Adams Chocolate Bock is tasty and about in that price range for a single 1pt 9.4oz bottle with a 5.5 ABV. Allagash makes a bunch of beers similarly priced and sized, Hugh Malone, Four and a few others whose names escape me.

Good luck and happy drinking

*EDIT* Oops, I guess I glossed over the part where he said he meant by the case:drunk:

Sam Adams has some good stuff. Jamil Z says their "black lager" is supposed to be one of the best examples of a schwarzbier, but I've never tried it.

The SA Black Lager is one of maybe three SA beers I will drink. I am not a huge lager fan, so a lot of their stuff just isn't my cup of tea, but I like that one.

$15 for a full case? For a 12 pack that'd be easy, but I haven't run into may decent beers under $15 for 24. Even at CostCo, Deschutes beers are over $20 for a case.

Budweiser American Ale is actually quite decent, costs $5 a sixpack at my Target ($6.50 most other places), and has non-screw caps, so you can use the bottles for your homebrew later on.
+1 on the Bud American Ale. The beer is not bad and the bottles are really nice! Pretty heavy and beautiful design. I'm going to pick up a case for the bottles alone.

$12-15 per 12 pack Sam Adams Seasonal @ Piggly Wiggly Grocery store with Bonus Card
$12-15 per 12 pack Warsteiner Verum and Warsteiner Dunkel @ local red dot beer distrib.
$12-15 per 12 pack Bass Ale @ Piggly Wiggly Grocery store with Bonus Card

$15 wont buy a case of anything I would drink. If it ain't good, im not going to bother.

$25 though will get me a case of New Belgium, Schlafly, Goose Island, or Boulevard (my favorite Midwest Micros)...or one bomber of some special stuff from all sorts of breweries like Ommegang...

budlite. i drink it when i bowl as they dont have anything else and what can i say i am a bud drinker. i brew cause we cant get fat tire here.

+1 on the Bud American Ale. The beer is not bad and the bottles are really nice! Pretty heavy and beautiful design. I'm going to pick up a case for the bottles alone.

I tried a pint of this earlier today. I was pretty impressed, it tasted like the Brewers Best American Amber I made last year. It had a nice color, good head retention and it had a very nice blend of mild hops mixed with mild maltiness. I normally wouldn't go near anything from Budwieser but I've been interested in their move toward producing better brews because of the micro brew influence. I'd give it an A. I'd give it an A+ if I thought I could find a case for $15.00! HA HA HA!

15 for a sixer **** cali is nice, most sixers are under 10, minus some specials like dogfish(4bottles for 12). Stone ruination at the corner liqour is 4.75 for a 22oz.

It's not a case, but half...my local grocery has been keeping stock of a Sam Adams Brewmaster series - 2 Black Lagers, 2 Honey Porters, and 2 Irish Reds, for around $7.50. I'm not a huge fan of the Irish Reds but I have a man-love going with the other two. For $15, you get 12 enjoyable brews.

And to you folks paying $5/6 a sixer for Bud American Ale.....BLOW ME. The one place in town that has it is charging $7.95 for it. If I get it on the way home I can save a buck, but that's still pushing it. A/B throws a fairly decent product out there and the administrators of my beer desert wanna take me to the cleaners with it :mad:

You're in PA. Can you just go buy a 6pack, or are they still Full-case-only?

You're in the 'burgh. IC Light! If you can't stomach that, see if you can find "Old German" beer by Pittsburgh Brewing. In college it was $10.75 a case for returnable 16 oz bottles.

Pitt Brewery also put out a beer called "JJ Wainwrights" Last time I saw it I paid $2.99 a 12 pack. Yes, $.25 per beer. I bought all they had, and haven't seen it anywhere before. On the bottom of the box it said "brewed for Giant Eagle"

B

This thread really has not helped the OP much IMO. He said he needs a case- that is PA law, so saying 6, 4, 12 packs are not helping.

As stated above, suck it up and buy some your Yuengling of choice; my distributors in town normally have them right around $15-16 a case.

This thread really has not helped the OP much IMO. He said he needs a case- that is PA law, so saying 6, 4, 12 packs are not helping.

As stated above, suck it up and buy some your Yuengling of choice; my distributors in town normally have them right around $15-16 a case.

Your right. I'll have to look into the yuengling beers. I just hope I pick up something with some flavor. I'm pretty sure I tried their lager and It was just fizzy yellow plain beer. Any suggestions?

Back