boil problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cisteve

Reaction score
Im boiling my wort right now and the damn ttemperature wont raise past 180 degrees. Ive used this exact set up before and have had no problems. This attsched pic is from earlier. Any idea of whats going on?

Maybe I just need more propane?

ForumRunner_20130210_214245.jpg

Propane level. Whenever I get ready to brew, when in doubt I refill the tank before starting. Good thing too. One day I was about to start a parti-gyle batch that would boil ten gallons in two batches and I lifted my tank and it was almost empty.

The valve is the same and I just weighed the propane tank. Its a 15 gallon tank and weighs 30lbs so I think im good on propane. This is so confusing. Im doing a 7 gallon boil and its been on the flame for over a hour and a half

There may be a safety valve in the tanks gas valve assembly. If the velocity of the gas through the valve is too high (example-the gas hose gets cut) the valve may stop or limit the flow of gas. Close the valve, relieve the pressure in the hose and then re-open the valve VERY SLOWLY, just enough to light the burner, then turn it up. I had this problem with a 500K BTU wand burner. Good luck.:mug:

I figured it out. The low pressure regulator just wasnt cutting it. It looked identical to the one I previously used, after digging through the thread I found my original one swapped it out and was boiling within 5 minutes

Latest posts

Back