Be Bottle and a Saison Yeast...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RLinNH

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I fermented a Saison, with White Labs 565. It is my understanding that this yeast strain has a touch of Brett i it. Would you never ferment another Ale/Non Brett Beer in these carboys? I spaced it until I was at the homebrew shop talking to the boys. One of them brought up how I switched all of my 8 Primaries to plastic, I brought up the Saison, and one thing led to another. I am thinking right now that I now have 2 BB Carboys that are my new Sour/Saison Primaries. Wat's your opinion? Think I'd be safe fermenting an Ale in these Carboys?

The rule of thumb is any plastic piece of equipment that a sour has touched now becomes your sour equipment, this would of course include a plastic carboy. Mark it as such and keep it separate. To much of a chance that you will start to cross contaminate your "clean" brews.

im calling shanagins. sanitize and you will be fine. im sure if bacteria can reach the deepest scratches so can a molecule of starsan or iodophor or bleach or any molecule.

Thanks for the replies. I am going with what my gut here, and it says do not let anything but a sour touch tha carboy. So it looks like I need to buy 2 more BB 6 gallon carboys. :mad:

Back