Terminal strip rating

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This will also allow you to down size your wire. Otherwise everything would have be wired

I'm fusing the panel per PJs diagram

ForumRunner_20120102_162344.jpg

I'd want to have my components rated to handle the potential load put upon them. What if you or someone else replaces a fuse at some point with the wrong size? Plan for all contingencies within reason.

I'd want to have my components rated to handle the potential load put upon them. What if you or someone else replaces a fuse at some point with the wrong size? Plan for all contingencies within reason.

this...

the terminal strips need to be able to handle the combined load of the devices terminated to them (ie...controller, pump, indicators)

as long as your fuses are before your terminal block you should be fine up to the rating of the fuse

Terminal blocks have a current rating just like everything else. Use a under rated terminal block and you will create a hot spot at minimum or possibly a fire hazard.

Terminal blocks have a current rating just like everything else. Use a under rated terminal block and you will create a hot spot at minimum or possibly a fire hazard.

yes that is why I said to use them after a fuse that is rated at least as low as the the block if not lower.

So if some one wanted to do the same thing with a Din mounted terminal block what would be needed? Just the terminal block with the appropriate rating? By the way I have never seen either a din mounted terminal block or strip terminal block up close do you just hook your feed off one side and your distribution lines off the other?

CD

So if some one wanted to do the same thing with a Din mounted terminal block what would be needed? Just the terminal block with the appropriate rating? By the way I have never seen either a din mounted terminal block or strip terminal block up close do you just hook your feed off one side and your distribution lines off the other?

CD

Check out Elecdirect. They have din blocks up to at least 50A.

Thats the way you hook them up. You need jumpers on the feed side to make them distribution though.

Here's the link, I love that store! :http://www.elecdirect.com/catalog/438f5907-d9f7-41d5-a973-1b8be999b7b6.aspx

Back