Boilermaker Brewing Co

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coy

Reaction score
Just starting and getting some first round sketches. We don't always do first round sketches but it helps me figure out what the soon to be owner wants.

So this is for NinjaJoe - aka-Boilermaker brewing co.
Design – An anvil or boilermaker like purdue, then thought how about a Pig Boilermaker?

So the first concept was too much of a cartoon :D and he wanted something more realistic, which is going to take me a bit longer since cartoons are easier to draw then a more life like image.
boilermaker1.bmp

So my second concept was based just on the anvil.Then I added the hammer and why it looks like the handle is kinda invisible. lol
AnvilHammer.bmp

i'm liking the second one alot. in a way it reminds of my of AleSmith, although a bit more aggressive.

Nice. How would the type work with the imagery?
There are alot of ways to incorporate the text.. so to go into detail wouldn't really be needed.. But stick around and you'll probably see us play with the text.. :D

i'm liking the second one alot. in a way it reminds of my of AleSmith, although a bit more aggressive.

yep I'm really liking the the second one two.. still finishing up some of the 3rd concept sketching.. I need to fix arms and legs.. they are too short and tooo long. LMAO.. :cross:

Yeah, as long as you're not a professional, the anvil is nice. Alesmith might take exception to someone else using the anvil as a brewery.

Yeah, as long as you're not a professional, the anvil is nice. Alesmith might take exception to someone else using the anvil as a brewery.

Even if they were starting a company (they aren't) This anvil would be just fine to use. since it's completely different than Alesmiths logo.. A company usually tradmarks their image not the concept, like an anvil..:mug:
alesmith.gif

I have to say, more and more I'm loving that anvil!

Well I haven't had the chance to start on the pig boilermaker I emailed you. so just let me know which route to take before I start. ;)

I think the way you've drawn the anvil actually looks a bit better than the AleSmith one. The AleSmith one is too clipart-y to me.

I think the way you've drawn the anvil actually looks a bit better than the AleSmith one. The AleSmith one is too clipart-y to me.

agree.. just didn't want to say it looked like clipart. :D

I'm actually working on it now. In between my 9-5 stuff. :D

i'm further along than this but thoguht I'd show you some work done so far.
boilermaker1preview.jpg

boilermaker2.jpg

uploaded a more recent one. lol
boilermaker3.jpg

I'm still playing with colors and the weathering look.

some more tweeking will be done and I need to work on the hammer as well. Then add the text and some other elements.
boilermaker4.jpg

what is the runoff color the onto the stone for? dripping or something?

lol.. It was for a rust stain like when it rains and the rust stains the concrete.
getting some effects in Illustrator is a little more difficult than w/ photoshop.
I could use photoshop but I want the entire thing vector based and no parts rastersized. ;)

now we're freggin talkin!! very very nice... :rockin:

i would want just a bit more texture in the stone.
isn't boilermaker one word?

I origonally had more texture on the stone but it really messed w/ the text so I toned it down from the start. ;)

I liked the other version without the rust stains on the stone.

But since it ain't mine don't mind me! ;)

You do really nice work, I know PS pretty well and do lots of stuff with that but just moving into vectors now so this is really interesting to me.

I think I'll be ordering something from you soon :)

I liked the other version without the rust stains on the stone.

But since it ain't mine don't mind me! ;)

You do really nice work, I know PS pretty well and do lots of stuff with that but just moving into vectors now so this is really interesting to me.

I think I'll be ordering something from you soon :)

thanks
I have the rust stains on a seperate layer just incase he doesn't like them lol..

Alot of the elements would have been easier in PS like the ruststains would probably look better if I'd done it in PS but keeping everything vecotor is a priority for me.

Can't wait for your order ;)

I know Coy was moving and Josh was doing his best to keep up with the work load - so it depends on who was working on your design.

I gave Josh the thumbs up on a tweaked summertime version of my logo and haven't gotten it in the multiple formats yet - sure they are just crazy

Back