What should i carb with?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkyeBrewer

Reaction score
I know this is somewhere on here but I just don't have time to dig. But I am about to bottle my apple cider. It's just a basic simple cider recipe. I want it nice and carbonated my plan is the back sweeten with some apple juice and then bottle it. But do I bottle it with dextrose or is simple cane sugar ok?

I know this is somewhere on here but I just don't have time to dig. But I am about to bottle my apple cider. It's just a basic simple cider recipe. I want it nice and carbonated my plan is the back sweeten with some apple juice and then bottle it. But do I bottle it with dextrose or is simple cane sugar ok?

Your yeast will use the sugar from the apple juice to create the carbonation. No need for anything else.

If you want to backsweeten, carb and bottle, you need to stovetop pasteurize. Otherwise you will get bottle bombs. There is a thread on here about it.

Back