Half-yards at Costco!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chairman Cheyco

***DRAMATIZATION***
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I had been thinking about trying to find some yard or half-yard glasses for the home-bar, when what should appear before my very eyes? Half-yards at Costco, 2 for $19!

Damn, gotta use the banana...

:ban:

If you haven't drank out of one before, watch it when you get near the end, it can splash a bit when it hits the "bulb". Enjoy, I hope my Costco follows suit!

Chairman Cheyco said:
I had been thinking about trying to find some yard or half-yard glasses for the home-bar, when what should appear before my very eyes? Half-yards at Costco, 2 for $19!
Sweet! Ya gotta try Das Boot from Germany too! After watching Beer Fest, I knew I shoulda brought one back.

bb1-bb2.jpg

The importer of these boots was instantly sold out due to the Beer Fest movie.

Beer Boots

I'll check out Costco in Austin. I hope they have some. Thanks for the heads up!

Brewpastor said:
If you haven't drank out of one before, watch it when you get near the end, it can splash a bit when it hits the "bulb". Enjoy, I hope my Costco follows suit!

A good friend who was at Oxford told me once that the trick is to twirl the yard while drinking, so the beer is forced up onto the sides of the glass. That empties the bulb without a big splash!

Brewpastor said:
If you haven't drank out of one before, watch it when you get near the end, it can splash a bit when it hits the "bulb".

Nooo! LoL, your supposed to let people find that out for themselves. :) Thats why they are so much fun!!!

DAMN IT ALL, DOES THE MIND FREAK OR COPPERFIELD OR THAT CREEPY BLANE GUY REVEAL THEIR TRICKS..............................................................................the good news is, anyone i want to unleash Das Boot on does not read this forum........mmuuuuuuuuwaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahaa:mug:

Reverend JC said:
DAMN IT ALL, DOES THE MIND FREAK OR COPPERFIELD OR THAT CREEPY BLANE GUY REVEAL THEIR TRICKS..............................................................................the good news is, anyone i want to unleash Das Boot on does not read this forum........mmuuuuuuuuwaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahaa:mug:

Care to share with the rest of the class?

Reverend JC said:

Well, actually each of these guys have had thier secrets revealed.

Mind freak's coordinator reveals this trick
http://www.oujod.com/2006/09/12/coin-through-soda-can-revealed/
Blain's reveals this trick:
http://www.oujod.com/2006/09/05/self-tying-shoelaces-trick-revealed/

Chairman Cheyco said:

What's a yard or half-yard glass?

Chairman Cheyco said:

You back in Calgary now? If so, how much were those glasses? They should be in Kelowna now or very soon then.

your (or theirs) math is a bit off.... 1 liter = 33.8 US fluid ounces
so .946L is 32 oz
.750L is 25 oz

Latest posts

Back