What I did for beer today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looked at recipes for a couple if clones I'm gonna do very soon. First is an India Black Ale, and next is a Surley Furious clone. I'm gonna order the ingredients next pay day.

Ended up bottling my Caribou Slobber. Decided to give it an extra week bottle conditioning rather than staying in secondary for an extra week. Fermentation was done anyway.

Today I brewed an batch black IPA. This is the first batch of beer i have brewed in years. I got sucked back into this hobby by a group of particularly unscrupulous members of a local home brew club I met at beer festival. These dastardly folks had absolutely zero sympathy for my brewing addiction and plied me with tales of the great beer they brewed last whenever. In the end I rooted around in storage and found the few pieces of brewing gear that I hadn't gotten rid of.( grain mill, 3 carboys, and a wort chiller) Stopped by the local homebrew supply store and grabbed a few little things like a hydrometer,airlocks,carboy brush, a bottling bucket and of course the ingredients for a black IPA. The owner was quite happy to see me. Once more into the breech dear friends........

I wish I could click Like more than once for this post. Welcome back my friend!

Tried my first kegged beer - the Whitehouse Honey Porter.
Needs a little more carbonation but tastes GREAT :)

Was freaked out because I had read the posts about contamination and infections last night....:(

Dave

WP_000146.jpg

Put two bottles of my first batch in the fridge after 10 days of conditioning. Gonna try one tomorrow as I brew my 3rd batch, an ESB.

I ordered - Yeast: The Practical Guide to Fermentation and 2 Fermometer strips.

I also am trying to come up with a Strong Belgian Xmas Ale and have been working on the recipe today. I would like to see a clone recipe for Delirium Noel... if anyone has one please PM me or post here.

Today I stared at my twenty-something bottles of Honey Ale and cursed it for taking too long to condition. Upon my last inspection it was very flat, even after 17 days, maybe because my house runs a little cold?? Also checked my order status for supplies at Midwest for my second ever brew, a Belgian Wheat. And just cracked an Old Rasputin. Hell of a day.

Went into town and got grain for two more batches of beer, bottle caps and misc. other supplies.
I may be brewing two batches over thanksgiving week!

Brewed a 10 gallon all grain batch of my California style pale ale. I'm doing a series of beers all using only one hop strain, this one was cascade!

Picked up a round cooler off of Craigslist to convert to a mash tun. It wasn't a 10-gallon as advertised, but it was only $10 and had only been used once, so all in all not a bad deal.

In Adelaide for a work trip and did a lap of coopers just to take in the aroma before my meeting.

Cleaning out & rearranging the ol' man cave/brewery to finally get things moving. Now if I just had the cash for an oak floor & another pm batch right away...:ban:

bought 2 new plastic fermenters and a whole bunch of ingredients to make a chocolate milk stout...

ordered a blichmann burner but have no idea if it will get in in time...

Ordered a 20 gallon Boilmaker. It didn't take long to find out that 5 gallon batches just are not enough..

Morebeer has a nice 10% off code which seems to work on everything, including Blichmann gear :)

Borrowed my buddy's Blichmann 7gal conical to do a 5gal batch of Saison with Saison III yeast he harvested from his last batch. Basically it's a mega-starter for a 36gal batch our club is doing on December 8th. HomebrewUSA, our club sponsor & LHBS, finally collected 5,000 used vials of White Labs yeast, so Chris White is coming to brew with one of our members that day. The saison is also our first club brew for NHC 2013. We're pretty freakin geeked for this event to kick off the holidays and our run at 60-80 gallons for NHC!

Dropped by the local bottle shop. Got a six-pack of Iron City for the dinner party, and bombers of Wookey Jack & Mad Elf for me. :D

Finishin up some cleanin & re-arangin in the ol' man cave & dining room. Can't wait til my son shows up to crack those pm cascade pales! Hope you all have good home brews & good food with great company to enjoy'em all with.:tank:

image-3477183015.jpg

Packaged my 2012 leaf hops, going to tidy up the remainder of the 2011 pellets, getting ready for the 4 pounds of 2012 pellets coming in.

bought some clamps so i can clamp my bench capper to the bench without having to have it there permanently

Latest posts

Back