Great Frederick Fair

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i don't know if mine was in the top 5 in the porter/stout category. i was too busy revelling in the fact that my american wheat, american barleywine, american IPA, and smoked porter all went to the best of show table :D

i don't know if mine was in the top 5 in the porter/stout category. i was too busy revelling in the fact that my american wheat, american barleywine, american IPA, and smoked porter all went to the best of show table :D

There was a smoked porter entered in the Porter/Stout category, but we knocked it pretty bad because it was so far out of guidelines for any of the recognized categories. Should have been entered in Specialty.

So, how'd it go? First time judging with your new learned skills?

It was quite fun! There were some pretty shoddy beers entered - including a stout that was bursting with Brettanomyces (not by design!) and another that had absolutely no aroma of any kind. It might as well have been an American Light Lager dosed with Sinamar.

It was quite fun! There were some pretty shoddy beers entered - including a stout that was bursting with Brettanomyces and another that had absolutely no aroma of any kind. It might as well have been an American Light Lager dosed with Sinamar.

dude, why you gotta slaughter my black american lager in front of everyone?

Back