Kegerator Parts List

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aryiman

Reaction score
I am trying to formulate a Christmas list and I plan on doing a kegerator in the spring. So my question is what is the normal parts list for a kegerator set up? I want to do this with a collar and a chest freezer. I just need to know what I need for each tap, how many regulators? etc. It would be mucho appreciated. I am tried to search but haven't found anything. Thanks

Freezer
Temp Controller
Kegs
Co2 tank & Regulator
Gas hose and quick connect
Beer hose and quick Connect
Picnic tap or regular tap.
Shank...just get the fridgerator kit...You'll be amazed at how simple it is...

How many regulators should I get, my goal is for 6 taps....so would 3 off one regulator and 3 off another regulator be fine?

you need 1 regulator for each pressure setting. you can use just 1 regulator if you are only going to be using 1 pressure for all 6 kegs. I would recommend a 6-way gas manifold over using t's for that many lines though

alright and then I would just get gauges for the gas manifold?

aryiman, I'm just starting a keezer project too. Do you mind if I ask some clarifying questions on your thread here? If you'd rather I didn't, I'll start another thread.

Go right ahead because it will help me when I start mine.

no need for gauges on the manifold. you just need this.

the line runs from the regulator on your CO2 tank, to the input on the manifold, and from there that same pressure is sent to all the kegs connected to the manifold. the benefit to using the manifold is that you can turn the gas on or off to kegs or lines that are not in use. also, it includes a check-valve so no beer flows up the lines and contaminates other keg lines.

you need 1 regulator for each pressure setting. you can use just 1 regulator if you are only going to be using 1 pressure for all 6 kegs. I would recommend a 6-way gas manifold over using t's for that many lines though
Link? I wanted to ask a similar question to the OP in a few week. but I want a 3 keg system where 2 will be on tap at all times and the third will be for force carbing/ serving.

OK, I bought a freezer last month that fits 8 kegs (plus room for two shorties on the hump) and now I'm ready to buy other parts to finish out the project. My plan is to have 8 taps, six for beer and two for soda.

I already have the following:

CO2 tank with regulator
3 secondary regulators (surplus Perlick bodies from American Science & Supply)
5/16th gas line
oeticker clamps for 5/16th and 3/16th lines
12 kegs (all rebuilt now and half of them filled with recently brewed beer)
1/4 MFL gas-in and liquid-out ball-lock QDs for the kegs
Love TS controller

Now here is what I think I need to finish out, with embedded questions:

8 forward-seal Perlick faucets
8 tap handles
8 shanks - 3/16th or 1/4 inch or tailless? pros and cons of integral tails versus separate tailpiece and shank nut?
8 tail pieces and nuts (assuming I don't buy shanks with integral tail) - 3/16th or 1/4 inch?
beer line - 3/16th or 1/4 inch?
two three way manifolds, one two way manifold, with 5/16th check valves (couple with my secondary regulators, I can have 3 beer at one pressure, 3 beer at another pressure, and the two soda at a third pressure).
8 1/4 inch MFL swivel nuts by 3/16th inch to attach beer line to liquid out QDs
8 1/4 inch MFL swivel nuts by 5/16th inch to attach air line to gas in QDs

Have I left out any parts? Besides that, my other questions boil down to beer line diameter and pros/cons of shanks with integral tails versus separate.

no need for gauges on the manifold. you just need this.

the line runs from the regulator on your CO2 tank, to the input on the manifold, and from there that same pressure is sent to all the kegs connected to the manifold. the benefit to using the manifold is that you can turn the gas on or off to kegs or lines that are not in use. also, it includes a check-valve so no beer flows up the lines and contaminates other keg lines.
Just so im clear you would still need a second/ third regulator to have different pressures on each keg (second/ third). So my cider can be served at 10 psi and my beer at 12 and my force carb at 35?

Just so im clear you would still need a second/ third regulator to have different pressures on each keg (second/ third). So my cider can be served at 10 psi and my beer at 12 and my force carb at 35?

For each pressure you want to have, that pressure will have to have its own manifold. So for your example above, you will need 3 regulators.

^ You should be able to do with a 5lb CO2 bottle. All you can do is try and if its not workin just go up to a 10lb tank.

^bump, can i hook up more than 1 regulator to the same C02 tank, if so how would I go about doing that. Thanks.

Back