What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So.... are you now like on a "watch out for this guy who thinks he's a ninja" list or something? That's nuts, glad they figured out that you're just a harmless drunk..... er beer geek. Enjoy Tejas, great place to visit, I have fam in Houston and Dallas. Make sure to check out any Southern Star and Jester King brews you find, I've heard that (512) is great as well. Oh and St. Arnold's.... PM me, I can probably give you a list of must trys.

Nah... I was cleared to fly immediately after being released which occurred about 20 minutes after arrest. My brother's pretty up on the beer scene here, so I'm pretty well covered, but thanks. I was already planning on seeking out Jester King and I've had Southern Star before, good $hit. There's a local brewery here in town called Buffalo Bayou Brewing that I want to check out. I looked at their web site and they have some pretty good sounding beers.

Dale's pale while brewing a clone...

image-3849866785.jpg

I don't usually have to much time to respond to these posts but I'm subscribed and I enjoy reading what otbers are drinking. I'm off for the next eleven days so I made time tonigbt on the last eve of the world as we know it to drink some of my recent home brews

1. Dark Woods Oaked Vanilla Bourbon Stout
2. Ginger Snap Spiced Christma . Ale
3. A gift from a friend Pickled Santa Spiced Christmas Ale (yuck)

Anyway.... Merry Christmas and Happy 2013

I don't usually have to much time to respond to these posts but I'm subscribed and I enjoy reading what otbers are drinking. I'm off for the next eleven days so I made time tonigbt on the last eve of the world as we know it to drink some of my recent home brews

1. Dark Woods Oaked Vanilla Bourbon Stout
2. Ginger Snap Spiced Christma . Ale
3. A gift from a friend Pickled Santa Spiced Christmas Ale (yuck)

Anyway.... Merry Christmas and Happy 2013

Hmm... Too many contradictions in there.

Apparently it's not cool to try and get a throwing star through a TSA security checkpoint. Thing is, I completely forgot it was in my backpack and what usually happens in this situation is you say, "hey, my bad, keep the throwing star" and go about your business.

Happened to me in Ireland, but with a pocket knife. I told the guy to go ahead and toss it. The look that he gave me was startling. I'm pretty sure he thought I called him a tosser. I clarified quickly that he could just throw away the pocket knife.

I'm very sorry that you got arrested. Airports are no fun these days.

NordeastBrewer77 said:
So.... are you now like on a "watch out for this guy who thinks he's a ninja" list or something? That's nuts, glad they figured out that you're just a harmless drunk..... er beer geek. Enjoy Tejas, great place to visit, I have fam in Houston and Dallas. Make sure to check out any Southern Star and Jester King brews you find, I've heard that (512) is great as well. Oh and St. Arnold's.... PM me, I can probably give you a list of must trys.

I hope you choked on it. ;) :mug:

Dunno how da fuq this thing has been hiding in my kegerator for a year.

Going by the BB date, this is last year's bottle. Faded but still very good. Dark fruits and mocha like flavors with a firm bitterness that really lingers. Surprisingly there's still citrus and pine like aroma and flavors too. Still pretty nice, I suspect being cold (~40F) all this time helped.

Well if you like Deschutes you should try to get your hands on some Black Butte XXIV Reserve. It's excellent as well.

Good, but smells a little off with a bit to much carbonation, hopefully the coffee will keep me up into the age of enlightenment!

ForumRunner_20121220_224117.jpg

Stone Arrogant Bastard. A bit assy. Tastes like some ill-conceived homebrew that started out with, "I want to make a big beer and get rid of all these random hops and grains."

Stone makes some solid brews. This isn't one of them.

Stone Arrogant Bastard. A bit assy. Tastes like some ill-conceived homebrew that started out with, "I want to make a big beer and get rid of all these random hops and grains."

I enjoy Arrogant Bastard, but I would use your description for their Double Bastard Ale.

nukebrewer said:
I gotta say, I wasn't expecting much. Lagunitas aren't exactly known for their stouts, but it's damn tasty.

I only flown once in my life and luckily I did not have to go through that. That's not a way to start the vaca. Definitely hit up Buffalo Bayou. Their gingerbread stout is amazing and they have their DIPA out called more cowbell. Hit me up if you want to get a drink.

I completely disagree. Definitely tastes like something they weren't intending, but I am a fan of that beer.

But then, what would the beer industry be like without differing opinions?

Ethiopian light roast from the shop down the road. Gotta stay perky and on my toes for the impending doom. Gotta say though, this coffee is probably the best this side of downtown. There's a Turkish place in South that has a better light, but this stuff's a damn close second. One cup and I feel that I could take on any and all of the Mayan gods that are sure to try to ruin my day today.

Just found four bottles of an Imperial Blonde Ale I did back in April. Way better now than it was then, which wasn't too bad to begin with. Best kind of surprise!

What? That is my go to craft beer. When I feel like buying a more expensive beer than the $14-17 for a 12 pack beers that are my staple but not feeling adventurous that is what I buy. I guess that is why they make thousands of beers, if everybody liked the same thing there would only be one.

Finishing off my bomber of American Black ale. damn good even with very little carbonation...

Back