New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spiced Pumpkin Ale. One of my first batches, pretty damn delicious

ForumRunner_20121205_014320.jpg

Tinpanharry said:
Very nice! What's the recipe?

Very simple actually. Its single malt recipe using just 10lbs of Castle pilsener malt and 3lbs of table sugar. Used 2oz styrian golding and some czech saaz for hops. Used a low temp long mash schedule. 90 mins at 149 added sugar with about ten mins left in the boil. Also went with 1388 wyeast. It imparted a nice apple flavor to the beer. I carbed it at 3.3 vols as well. I can give you the full detailed recipe in a PM if you are interested.

Here's my recent Pliny Clone. Excuse the paper tree, it looks like Christmas threw up in our house right now.

DSC_6831.jpg

Imperial Spruce Pilsner first bottle of the batch, obviously a bit of a problem with the chill haze but other than that a really great beer. I think maybe a little time will let the spruce flavor be more prominent but very close to what I was aiming for. Damn I love brewing!

ForumRunner_20121207_144617.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121207_144146.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121207_144146.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 464
PM sent.
Thanks!
TPH

Very simple actually. Its single malt recipe using just 10lbs of Castle pilsener malt and 3lbs of table sugar. Used 2oz styrian golding and some czech saaz for hops. Used a low temp long mash schedule. 90 mins at 149 added sugar with about ten mins left in the boil. Also went with 1388 wyeast. It imparted a nice apple flavor to the beer. I carbed it at 3.3 vols as well. I can give you the full detailed recipe in a PM if you are interested.

Thanks guys! I've used gelatine in keg. It works perfect. Clarity is on comercial level. Beer on this picture is darker than in reality because of clouds, snow, cheap camera and of course - bad photographer :)

JI99v.jpg

Belgian IPA first bottle opened. Looks like everything carbonated nicely!

Very nice, but dude, you have to look up a thread on glass cleanliness. All the bubbles on the sides of that glass indicate that it's very, very dirty (dirt provides nucleation sites for C02 to come out of solution). Otherwise looks like you've got some tasty beer on your hands.

Here's mine. I grew to like it after about 2 weeks in the keg. The dominant characteristics are the honey and slight boozyness (6.7%). How'd yours turn out?

Bottled most of it for gag gifts.

I brewed it on a whim and wasn't really expecting much, but it turned out
much better than I expected. I did an all grain version and used S-04 and finished at 1.015. My ABV is 5.2% so I don't have the boozyness. It is definitely an English Bitter with some floral notes and a subtle sweet flavor from the honey.
I kegged it in late October and it has turned into a very nice well balanced beer.

I like it enough that I will brew it again.

Haven't done this one in a while. Here's a pic of my 1st pm,the cascade pale ale kit from midwest;
http://
It's very clear,as you can see. The .5lb carapils in the mash gave nice head & mouthfeel. The malt'hop balance is quite good on this one. Although I think the malt could be a bit more complex. It seems to be so far on the 2nd pm batch I have in the fermenter. All in all,a good session ale that will get you buzzed while you concentrate on the flavor & aroma.

My first 5 gallon brew; Northern Brewer's Saison de Noel extract kit. It's only been in the bottle a week, but curiosity got the better of me, and I had to try it.

It's yummy, and I bet it's only going to get better.

Crappy cell phone pics, and they don't do the color justice at all, but I think the idea comes across.

2012-12-14 19.03.06.jpg

2012-12-14 19.09.14.jpg

7.6% FestBock... bottled last Sunday - just carbed up and already clearing nicely and very tasty! Sadly glass cleanliness left a little to be desired here (second pour between washes) but otherwise a nice pint!

FestBock.jpg

My most recent bottled brew. It's a Maris Otter/Cascade SmaSh with my home grown hops. It turned out well but I think I will do some more late addition hopping next time. In my new favorite glass.

IMAG0702.jpg

IMAG0703.jpg

My first time ever having a lambic. It was a very enjoyable moment. A raspberry framboise. Wild yeast only and secondary'd with raspberries. Great mouthfeel but slightly tart after finish.

image-3361031306.jpg

Back