wrong ssr ordered

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captainoverspray

Reaction score
So I ordered my ssr's from an ebay seller and they were not described right in the listing. I have contacted the seller to see if I can get a return, guess that is what I get for trying to be cheap in my build. The SSR's are ac input with a 70-280VAC input. Could I still use these with a PID that has a relay output instead of the SSR DC output? I have a relay out PID that I use with my smoker that could be made dual purpose.

My SSR' were like 5 or 6 bucks a piece with 3-32 input DC and up to 280V AC out. They are good for 25A and there are 40 A units available for just a bit more. They come from china so it takes a while for them to get here through Ebay. An china tracking is non-existant so just plan to wait. I didn't even know that high volt inputs were even available like that on SSR's. Good luck and lets us know how it comes out with the return.
Bob

So I ordered my ssr's from an ebay seller and they were not described right in the listing. I have contacted the seller to see if I can get a return, guess that is what I get for trying to be cheap in my build. The SSR's are ac input with a 70-280VAC input. Could I still use these with a PID that has a relay output instead of the SSR DC output? I have a relay out PID that I use with my smoker that could be made dual purpose.

I guess i'm trying to understand what the problem is. Is your PID unable to supply the ac input voltage?

Check out this link from Auber Instruments on their 25A SSR's:http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_30&products_id=9

Their parts are good. They ship from Atlanta, GA. It's a lot better than waiting forever to get parts.

From what I see most PID's have 12VDC output that control the SSR. The Auber input control voltage on the SSR you linked to is 3-32VDC my SSR is 70-280VAC.

That's what I use. If your pid has a relay out option operate the ssr's with 120v.

20120417_203019.jpg

Back