More news from the world of BMC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember a few years ago watching a movie set in the future where all restaurants were Taco Bell.

All I can say after reading this news today is thank God for homebrewing and thank God for micro-breweries.

Apparently from now on BMC will be B M/C. Or something.

Question: if Miller and Coors merge will Miller products taste more watery?

That movie was Idiocracy, and it is truly a great film. "HOW ABOUT A BIG-ASS TACO!!??

Um, if miller products were any more watery, they'd be water.

No, it was Demolition Man. All restaurants are taco bell! It had that chick in it -- oh I can never remember her name, the one from the movie where she plays an FBI agent in a beauty pageant.
"All beers are Miller/Coors." I can't imagine that!
The silver/gold bullet -- taste great, less filling, and also a viable substitute for your daily water intake requirements... Damn health food, for crying out loud!

The movie was Demolition Man.
The question is will they be using rice or corn?
And what will they call it?
Coolers?

Wild

Well, they did something similar in Idiocracy too. I haven't seen demolition man in at least 5 years, and hopefully it'll be 5 more...

It was Sandra Bullock, playing the role of her wonderful acting career alongside a couple of other career performances by Snipes and Stallone.

Odd this wasn't in this morning's WSJ.
Maybe next time we're at the bar with "Miller Lite girls" they'll come by when nobody is drinking Lite but someone is drinking Coors or Blue Moon...
Seriously, we got majorly snubbed by the "event marketing" girls during last Sundays Pat's game & Sox game.

Yeah, that was it, Sandra Bullock. I thought Rob Schneider carried the movie, personally.

"This transaction is driven by the profound changes in the U.S. alcohol beverage industry that are confronting both of our companies with new challenges," said Molson Coors Vice Chairman Pete Coors. "Consumers are broadening their tastes and are increasingly looking for greater choice and differentiation; wine and spirits companies are encroaching on traditional beer occasions, and global beer importers and craft brewers are both taking a larger share of volume and profit growth. Creating a stronger U.S. brewer will help us meet these challenges, compete more effectively and provide U.S. consumers with more choice, greater product availability and increased innovation. The Molson and Coors families are firmly in support of this strategic transaction."

Emphasis mine.

Here's a link that doesn't require registration to read:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,300341,00.html

Interesting quote from the article:

"Under the terms of the agreement, the companies said they will conduct all of their U.S. business exclusively through the venture.

The companies project MillerCoors will have combined annual beer sales of 69 million U.S. barrels with revenue of about $6.6 billion."

Cheesefood said:
So they've finally created McBeer.

Disclaimer: McBeer is in no way connected to McKBrew. McKBrew does not promote the sale, distribution, or consumption of fizzy piss water.

MillerCoors. Sounds kinda like DaimlerChrysler. And we know what a blazing success that's become. Becoming bigger won't change things at MillerCoors . It'll just mean a bigger group of people at one company's Christmas party lamenting another lousy year of beer sales. I also heard on the TV news this morning that they would be moving their HQ to Chicago.

I can't remember the last time I took a sip of any Miller or Coors product and I imagine I'll still be able to say that on my deathbed.

I say more power to em. Think of all the Kegs that will need to be decommissioned........

Latest posts

Back