CFMR Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kramman

Reaction score
so heres the label for my beer the two little guys on it are supposed to be me and one of my friends. we aren't making a particular style but thought we would make a label any way. warnings and stuff are meant to be funny and there are misspellings and incorrect words in there just for the heck of it

labelsmall.jpg

Could you shrink the pic a bit and repost through edit? I can't get the full effect of the label because 2/3 of it are scrolled over. My only critique would be the use of the word "yummy." Guys shouldn't use that word. I think it's Man Code #72.

I like the label alot though. Great concept, art and colors. Give us a pic when you get one on a bottle. Those are always the best label pics.

Nice job on the label - it looks pretty professional.

A couple of minor grammar critiques (sorry, I'm a grammar/spelling nazi):

There should be a colon after the word, "ingredients," instead of a period.
"Yummy" is the correct spelling (two m's).
"Women" is the plural of "woman" (no s).

A more grammatically correct rendition of your warning reads like this:
CoolGuySquad Warning said:
(1) According to the CGS Surgeon General, women should not consume alcohol during pregnancy because it impairs one's ability to drive a car or operate heavy machinery. So, don't do it unless you're some kind of f***in' idiot. (2) Beer is good for brains.
However, I don't really get the correlation between pregnant women and driving cars or operating heavy machinery. So, it's a little awkward, IMHO. I suggest something like this:
CoolGuySquad Warning said:
(1) According to the CGS Surgeon General, the consumption of alcohol during pregnancy greatly increases the risk of birth defects. So, don't do it unless you want to give birth to some kind of f***in' idiot. (2) Alcohol consumption can greatly impair a woman's already marginal driving skills. Please, please, PLEASE, give the keys to a sober male friend.

Sea said:
I like it!

But what product is the bar code number actually for?

nothing just thought that it would add some authenticity to it

CFMR

Chris Ferrara Mark Rushing my friend and i im the MR part

and like i said the grammatical errors are intentional the CF part cant for the life of him pronounce women so he always says "womens"

Kramman said:
and like i said the grammatical errors are intentional the CF part cant for the life of him pronounce women so he always says "womens"
Ok, I should've read the full post rather than just reading the label. Ya got me there.

On the other hand...it seems a shame to intentionally make such a professional looking label look amateur-ish with grammatical inside jokes.

yeah i do agree with you on that one iwas concidering taking thoes out before i posted it on here but im lazy

Back