Goose Island

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danculwell

Reaction score
Well this Saturday I'm going to be having lunch and beers at one of the Goose Island brewpubs. http://www.gooseisland.com/pages/clybourn_brewpub/65.php

Anything I should definitely try? I've only had the honkers ale and and IPA whose name I don't remember. I know I'll try the Smoked Goose. I've never had a smokey beer before. Other than that I'll just kinda play it by ear unless you recommend something I have to try.

Thanks

They have been doing A LOT of belgians lately, I've heard Matilda and Sophie are worth trying. I think they have a couple at the brewpub that aren't so widely available that would be worth a try too. Have fun

The Matilda and Sophie are very good IMHO, the Bourbon County stout is Awesome.
I have yet to try Pere Jaques.

Didin't these guys get a big cash infusion from InBev recently? something about distribution rights?

Every once in a while, they have a one-off, usually cask-conditioned, that is excellent. They always have a couple of cask-conditioned brews available. That's where I usually start.

Back