Building a kegerator this week

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave258

Reaction score
I made a post in the bottle/keg forum also.
I am trying to put my order together from kegconnection, and was wondering if any one knows of a mini fridge that will hold 3 regular ball lock kegs.
I would love to get the tripple tower!
Also, any advice on drilling and making sure not to hit the coolant line on top?
Thanks,
Dave

I just read about using corn starch and vodka mixed in a paste to help find the coolant lines, assuming you'll be drilling through the top. i haven't built one, but there is endless information on the forum. search around, and read read read. I bet 95% of your questions will be answered.

Mine does not have coolant lines in the lid, there is just a plastic shell with insulation underneath. Yours maybe differnt though.

Jonathan

I used a Fridgaire 9cuft that will hold 4 kegs with no collar. It has the dimensions 41" wide by 21" deep I am still working of it but hope to be finished with in 2-3 weeks. I already have 2 kegs waiting and a carboy of graff fermenting it will be a good grand opening for it.

Jonathan

I'm assuming that Grafter used a chest freezer and not a fridge. I have not seen a mini fridge that will hold 3 cornies...usually you would have to get a mid-size fridge or a chest freezer...temps of the freezer are maintained with a separate temperature control unit. Look for threads titled Keezer for converted chest freezers.

Well,

Technically the Sanyo BC1206 kegerator will hold up to 4 cornies. However there are a couple problems. This is already a kegerator so you would have to spend mroe up front to convert it into a multi tap system. The bigger problem is that the 2 cornies that would go in the back need to have the black handles cut off (the compressor hump at the top of the kegerator is slightly too low to let them fit in with handles).

Anyway, this is all old news and more info can be found by searching the forums.

Good luck on your build.

Back