12/12/12

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was far less sensible. I didn't take off work and mashed in at 11:59 pm on 12/12/12. American Barleywine target 1.120 sg. Work is gonna hurt tomorrow. Ugh. 90 minute mash, and 120 min boil. WHAT HAVE I STARTED?

I. Was off during the day, so I bottled my imperial Stoudt that came in at 12.5 abv. I ended up with a case of 16 oz, and a case of 12 oz bottles that I stashed away till next Christmas. I drank What was in the bottom of the bucket, it was flat, but it sure was good!

I had my last two finals of the semester, also it was my dads bday, talked to a guy about a job at a new brew pub opening up in march, and last but not least enjoying a few pints my "Shiny Metal Ass Brown Ale". 12-12-12 has been a pretty good day.

Took the day off work to brew. RIS 1.100 O.G. to be aged till next Christmas

HA! Me too. I was aiming for 12%, but missed my gravity a bit, ended at 1.110, also a RIS. Will likely be 11% abv. 2 hour 45 minute boil on this bad boy. 1 kg of toasted oats. Curious to see how it turns out.

It's fermenting now.

I also brewed for 10/10/10 and 11/11/11, though those were Barleywines.

Cheers!

I had my last two finals of the semester, also it was my dads bday, talked to a guy about a job at a new brew pub opening up in march, and last but not least enjoying a few pints my "Shiny Metal Ass Brown Ale". 12-12-12 has been a pretty good day.

Is that a Surly Bender clone?

I'm glad I forgot about the date yesterday - I would have been tempted to brew something themed like you guys did. Although with the cereal mash and long boil, it seemed like the brew took about 12 hrs.

I was far less sensible. I didn't take off work and mashed in at 11:59 pm on 12/12/12. American Barleywine target 1.120 sg. Work is gonna hurt tomorrow. Ugh. 90 minute mash, and 120 min boil. WHAT HAVE I STARTED?

I hope it went well, I don't think I could do it

naiek said:
I hope it went well, I don't think I could do it

Yeah. Took significantly longer than it should have. I snuck a 45 minute nap during the second half of the boil, finally got to bed around 6am. Work called around 8 and said I didn't need to be there until lunch, thank goodness.

Hit target gravity, and at 9am when I checked it was bubbling happily.

For sure the stupidest thing I've done in a long long time. Oh well, there will be memories for this one, for sure.

You took a nap during your boil? I would be too paranoid about something happening while the wort was boiling.I don't think I could fall asleep.

Did the same. 90 min mash, 120 min boil. 9 frickin hours later, I had this for a RIS...

image-4272007739.jpg

Back