Good June beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessBob

Reaction score
So im getting married the first weekend in june and i want to brew some beer for the ocassion any sugestions on types or when i should brew in order to have enough time for beer to condition properly?

Lots of time. Kansas can be pretty hot in June so my choice would be a great light lager (Helles, Pilsner) or ale (maybe a Kolsch). The BMC crowd won't freak out because it will taste like something they know (but yours will be better) and beer afficianados will be impressed by something like a Kolsch.

Lots of time. Kansas can be pretty hot in June so my choice would be a great light lager (Helles, Pilsner) or ale (maybe a Kolsch). The BMC crowd won't freak out because it will taste like something they know (but yours will be better) and beer afficianados will be impressed by something like a Kolsch.

+1

Congratulations BTW.

so i had a kolsch at my local brewwery last week and im not sure if it was because i drank some pale ales first or what, but the kolsch tasted like i was inhaling corn dust is this normal or do you guys think they used way to much corn?

I don't use corn in my kolsch and I've never had one that tasted that way. Usually the imported ones I've tasted have a slight fruitiness and no other distinctive characteristics. They are really pretty bland but I do like the one I make, tastes like a German Lager. I don't think I've ever had a micro Kolsch style beer though.

Back