Homemade glycol system question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alucard1983

Reaction score
I'm wondering if this would work. If I get a water fountain pump like one out of a cat dish, and ran a hose up around the shanke would that keep it cooler then a fan blowing up on it. Been thinking about it for a while. I would have a plastic container containing the glycol and the pump on the chilling panel on the back, and just circulate it

I use a pond pump and a half glycol, half water solution to chill my 25 ft lines. I need a separate fridge to cool my glycol, won't work in my beer fridge.

Ya I was gonna seal it off with hit glue or silicone. There is no freezer in this online a cooling plate down the entire back of the bar fridge. I might be able to get some books riveted to the container to keep it on top of the cooling panel so I won't have far to go. That way I can use less glycol

I'm going to be building one of these soon. I'm going to use a sump pump to push the glycol/water mixture out. I'll have the pump in an ice chest reservoir. The only part I haven't solved yet is the cooling: not sure if I want to adapt a AC unit, an old mini fridge, aquarium chiller or a hydroponic chiller (readily available in my neck of the woods).

I've been considering using the top freezer portion of my kegerator as the cooling portion of a glycol system.

I was thinking about having a tote full if glycol/water solution with a submersible pond pump in the tote hooked up to a temp controller. I would also have the inlet and outlet lines going though the side of the freezer. Obviously I would seal the lines in and out of the freezer to limit as much cold air leakage as possible.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back