Phase 1 control box and mounting arm .

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have it all done now and ran a water test run and it worked great it held temps perfect...Is my panel labeling too over the top ?
Pat.
img1661i.jpg

img1660j.jpg

I'm not sure if this should go in a new thread or not, so please tell me and I'll move it if you think it should be.

Thanks for the information on the steel sizes and gas plumbing; I'm getting really close to having a finished rig. I've got my focus on the control panel now. After hours of reading threads and looking at wiring diagrams on HBT, I can't seem to find one specifically geared at propane rigs that utilize a RIMS tube like yours and mine. They all seem to be electric rigs utilizing HERMS. I'm trying to stick to my original plan and your control panel seems to fit the bill with a PID and on/off switches for the panel, pump, and RIMS element. By the way, what does the fourth switch do? I'm hoping you might be willing to share your wiring diagram, part selection, and if I'm lucky a few pictures of the inside of your panel. I'm hoping that is easily accessible or you can take a few pics if it's not to much trouble. Maybe I'll get lucky with some help from you and also maybe P-J will be reading and chime in and sketch up one of his professional diagrams. He's pretty awesome at that on here. Here are the parts I plan on purchasing and some I don't know what to buy, yet. By the way, I've already built my RIMS tube with a 120V 1500W low density element like the RIMS for Dummies thread. Thanks for any help you or anyone else may offer.

PID - Auber SYL-2352
40A SSR - Auber RS1A40D40
Heat sink - Auber HS40
Liquid tight 4" type K thermocouple 1/2" NPT - Auber TC-K100M1/2NPT
Switches - Pilot Automotive PL-SW26 (Kind of TopGun'ish)
Enclosure - Auber Pbox16
Plug ends and receptacles - ?
Power cables - ?
Power service/circuit size - ?
Power distribution/terminal blocks - ?
Fuses/fuse holders - ?

Craig the inside of my box is not pretty and I didn't make a wiring diagram. I used the diagram that comes with the auber pid controller and the rims for dummys post. I did not use a heat sink on mine and it never gets hot also I don't have any fuses,the plugs are twist locks from an electrical supply shop and they are pretty costly.

Btw the 4th switch was a brain fart !
Pat
img1655d.jpg

Hey guys. I am reading up on brew stand builds in the hopes of doing my own in the not too distant future. Something I am curious about is what you are talking about on this thread. I have seen these control boxes and was curious what all is controllable.... Is it just pump switches, or are you going beyond that to control burners and more? Sorry to barge in and ask such a rookie question but I want to learn what I can for my own project.

Back