What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2006 Double Arrogant Bastard.. to tell you the truth, it's not all that different than the 2010 I drank a few nights ago. Hops have mellowed quite a bit, but still packs a punch in terms of flavor.

The wife and I miss Winking Owl... and I guess Aldi's altogether (unless its sold elseware now?)

yup, picked it up at aldi's, don't know if it is available elsewhere. Ours just got their ABC license!

The owl has flown down into my belly...currently drinking some AHS big foot barelywine I brewed a little over a year ago and kegged. it is smooth and dangerous not all that hairy, still hoppy.

Saison Dupont: AKA - "Heaven in a bottle." Also, Stillwater Artisanal Farmhouse Ale. It's brewed with sage. Definately worth a try. Good clean Ale, and the sage is subtle.

Started with Lagunitas Little Sumpin' then switched to Lagunitas Brown Shugga' now drinking Anchor Steam Old Foghorn. Not a bad Sunday

The short pour from my Devil's Punchbowl tells me this is going to be a very "digestable" brew...spicy, dry, clean, mildly phenolic, perfect golden straw color...a fantastic Golden Strong!!! I may have to enter this one in the AHA competition. If it comes into its own after carbonation this will be my best brew yet.

Brother David's Tripel was a little sweet and estery for my taste but I chased it with a Real Ale Full Moon Rye Pale...tasty :D

Currently enjoying a LME Imperial Stout, DME Dopplebock, and LME American Bock. Stout and Dopplebock are extremely wonderful but the American Bock is not good. i believe it was due to less than ideal LME. The wonderful part is that I can give the not so good stuff away!

Currently in secondary: Einbecker Ur-Bock Dunkel clone

Primary: none

ericjgreen said:
Currently enjoying a LME Imperial Stout, DME Dopplebock, and LME American Bock. Stout and Dopplebock are extremely wonderful but the American Bock is not good. i believe it was due to less than ideal LME. The wonderful part is that I can give the not so good stuff away!

Currently in secondary: Einbecker Ur-Bock Dunkel clone

Primary: none

You don't want to make people think your beer sucks do you? I usually make sure I drink all of my bad beer as a reminder of the changes I need to make on the next batch.

You don't want to make people think your beer sucks do you? I usually make sure I drink all of my bad beer as a reminder of the changes I need to make on the next batch.

In his defense he did not say he was going to give it away to his good friends :D

gonna go grab one of my bloodshed reds in a second! nommy nommy nomz! FOO!

I'm checking the carbonation level on my Scottish Ale 80/- and it seems about right. Ready to drink. I don't think this is a bad beer but it does seem to be missing something. It's got a great malt profile, hint of smokiness from the yeast, but I think there might be too much hop. It's a little too balanced.

Mojave red... sadly this beer had had its bad days... i cracked the keg today... 1/2 of it frozen due to the cold temperatures in the garage, and as well i think being green. but hey its not to bad for what has happened to it

Rogue Dead Guy Ale. Last beer of the evening before I transition into the first coffee of the morning. Oh how I wish college was like the movies.

umopepisdn said:
In his defense he did not say he was going to give it away to his good friends :D

True, Im kind of self conscious about how people perceive my beers. I want them to be great before I share.

At the moment, I bought a case of Blue Moon Ale just to try out while my brew is fermenting. Not bad so far, I like it I still have some Chimay Grand sitting around here somwhere....now I just have to find it...oh crap forgot about the keg of Warsteiner in the basement...

Boundary Bay IPA - best in the Northwest and my "House IPA".

sorry fellas and gals, i'm not brewing yet - but i have a kegerator with four great brews on tap and i'm leaning towards brewing. and, of course, i am loving the HBT forum for it's weatlth of informatiion, leading me down the path of, well, you know.

Surly Furious, which tastes extra good here in Richmond considering I traded for it, but still, an excellent IPA that lives up to the hype.

Heard nothing but good things about them. Called up my cousin as she lives CA and of all random places her BEVMO stocks them. She bought me a couple of everything they carried. God I love her!! Ha

074c8532.jpg

Back