WLP810 yeast long lag times??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ton

Reaction score
I made a california common the other day using white labs 810 yeast which says it directly pitchable, its been almost 48 hours and no signs of fermentation, neither bubbling and the gravity reading is the same as it was prior to pitching the yeast. I poured back and forth and shook the fermenter prior to inserting the airlock, and shock for 7 mintues today just in case but still got nothing. Temp is between 68-72 F.
I did not do a starter, which my be my whole problem. i ordered some more yeast today.

Basically, any tips, suggestions, etc. This happens to be my very first batch so i was kinda expecting this.

i came home from work today and to my surprise, my airlock was bubbling, nearly 3 days later. I dont know (this being my first batch) but from what i hear about when a brew starts fermenting, i think this is going pretty weak. I do know that the only way to truly tell is getting a gravity reading. which ill do when the airlock stops bubbling. I believe the FG should be 1.016 to 1.011.

Back