newbie at brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommyguner03

Reaction score
hey you gluten free brewers! newbie here looking for some ideas/help.. i am just looking for something easy to brew as my first batch. im planning to do 3gallons.. i enjoy all types of beers (gluten free) .. thanks for the help.. :mug:

i have looked at a lot of the gluten free recipes i really like the no nonsense stout ... Thoughts?? try something a lil less complex?? i do have a recipe for a Pale Ale .. but i figured its winter and i want something dark

I haven't personally brewed it, but several people have tried and loved rlbois's Dual Spires Black Lodge Ale; it's dark but not too dark, and will probably suit your tastes. It's also extract-only, using sorghum extract, rice syrup, candi syrup, molasses, and malto-dextrin, all of which you can get from High Gravity Brew (except for the molasses, but you can get that at any grocery store). I'd say it's probably your best bet as a first GF beer.

Back