new pump and grain mill build...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cruzn4aBrewzn

Reaction score
Yay... so I finnaly took the plunge and bought a pump and a mill.

I ended up with the Cereal Killer grain mill, and the March 815 pl c pump.

I took the mill and just mounted it onto a wooden base from some scrap plywood I had lying around and then wired in an outdoor gang box and switch.

The pump I took and mounted inside of a 50cal ammo box wich is water tight and will keep the pump safe and took another gang box and wired in a gfci outlet and a switch. I wired it in a way so that the outlet is alwaise hot and the switch only controls the pump.

I had some problems with the pump after installing it and had to mess with the distance of the magnet mounted onto the drive shaft to compensate for the thickness of the ammo can wall but eventually got it all figured out and it's now a kick ass self contained waterproof moble pumping station!

I also cut down my three tier brew stand to make it a modular 2 tier with the HLT elevated for gravity fed dough in's and sparges while I will pump everything else!!!!! I'm so exited I'ts really lame.:ban:

grain mill.jpg

ammo can.jpg

ammo can pump.jpg

ammo can pump 2.jpg

ammo can pump open.jpg

Back