CO2 tank in or out? and how many lines should i run out of a fridge?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J311gonzo

Reaction score
I'm converting a fridge into a kegerator... first things first... does the CO2 tank have to be on the inside or is it better on the outside?

Also I am hoping to run 4 taps from this normal sized fridge... is this a good or bad idea? worried about space.

tthanks.

J

You can have the c02 inside or outside- whichever is more convenient for you. Mine is inside, but it's not particularly convenient when I want to change the pressure! But it did save me from drilling holes in the fridge, that's why I did that.

In my full-size fridge kegerator, I can fit 5 kegs plus the 10# co2 tank. I have three taps through the door. I have a WYE fitting on the regulaor. One goes to the distributor that feeds 4 kegs, and one is alone for an extra keg. All four kegs on the distributor are on the same psi from that regulator.

ok sweet. i think im goin to go with 4 taps. Now as far as force carbing I'll set the regulator to a certain pressure and leave it at that correct? then a week or 2 I'm good to go right?

ok sweet. i think im goin to go with 4 taps. Now as far as force carbing I'll set the regulator to a certain pressure and leave it at that correct? then a week or 2 I'm good to go right?

Yep! My fridge is 40 degrees, so my regulator is at 12 psi. Make sure you start with long lines- 10' is not too long. And, if it is (which is isn't!), you can always cut a foot off if the pour is too slow. But you can't make them longer!

Sweet... I ordered a four tap fridge set up from keg connection... So to be honest I have no idea how long the line will be in the end. is this ok?

I just checked... the gas in lines are 4 feet... and the beer out lines are 5 feet. think i'll be ok?

The CO2 tank can be in or out. I keep mine out to maximize the fridge space. If you keep the tank outside, I would recommend drilling only one hole through the fridge, then splitting your line inside.

I just checked... the gas in lines are 4 feet... and the beer out lines are 5 feet. think i'll be ok?

If you call them, you may be able to get 10' beer lines with your kit. I do not know why they sent 5' beer lines with these kits, you would think they would want satisfied customers...

Back