Sam Adams Chocolate Bock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Happy Mug

Reaction score
I was given a bottle of Sam Adams Chocolate Bock.

Nice 1pt 9.4 fl oz bottle, with a beautiful metal emblem attached to the front. Silver plastic over the neck and cap. Really tastefully done.

I've had chocolate beers before, and I once brewed a really nice chocolate porter (getting ready to drink THE LAST bottle this weekend with my best friend - it's been in the bottle 3 months). I thought I knew what I was going to taste.

I was wrong. This beer was really chocolately. I mean, it had a really nice, pleasant chocolate taste. Clearly chocolate. Mildly sweet chocolate. I'm not a fan of chocolate by any means, but this was good. My girlfriend certainly drank her share of it. Very nice brew.

I've won two so far in raffles and really enjoyed them. The taste is nothing like you'd expect from other chocolate named beers. I've also removed the labels and used the bottles for my own brew. They're nice sturdy bottles to re-use.

Wild

I've been looking for this beer! I love chocolate beers and have read good reviews of this one. It must be good - it can't legally be sold in Alabama, Louisiana or Utah!:cross:

i liked it. haven't seen it since the holidays though......plus we probably didn't get much here to begin with.

It comes on tap around here every year so I'll have a couple of pints. The bottles are just too expensive for what it is, but I still like it.

Latest posts

Back