What's Brewing This Weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingBrianI

Reaction score
So what is everyone brewing this weekend? I've been craving hops lately so I'm giving Jamil's Evil Twin a try. Anyone brewed this? All hop additions are in the last 20 minutes. Should be yummy!:ban:

Our household has been on a wine making kick, lately. I have your "Common Room" ESB still in primary, gonna secondary and fine it next weekend. If I can pry some carboys from the SWMBO.

Our household has been on a wine making kick, lately. I have your "Common Room" ESB still in primary, gonna secondary and fine it next weekend. If I can pry some carboys from the SWMBO.

Have you sampled the ESB yet? How's it coming?

I was just weighing out grains for the brew tomorrow and my bin of bulk maris otter ran out at 6 lbs of the 10 I need for the recipe. Looks like I'll be running to the LHBS in the morning but unfortunately the close one doesn't open until 11. The one across town opens at 10 but after driving back I probably won't save much time. So much for being done early!:mad:

I've got at least 80 pounds of grain (160 to 320 if you watch fox news) and 2 lbs of hops ... I don't know what I'll call it yet... so I'll settle for "Beer".

My brew buds and I are doing 10 gals hefeweizen, 10 gals dunkelweizen, and 35 lbs of crawfish. Should be a good time. I hope the weather holds out!

I'm going to brew up an Irish Red in the morning, got my starter going yesterday, should be a nice addition to the 25 gallons already in the basement... ;)

Have you sampled the ESB yet? How's it coming?

I was just weighing out grains for the brew tomorrow and my bin of bulk maris otter ran out at 6 lbs of the 10 I need for the recipe. Looks like I'll be running to the LHBS in the morning but unfortunately the close one doesn't open until 11. The one across town opens at 10 but after driving back I probably won't save much time. So much for being done early!:mad:

If a hydro sample is any way to judge it, its going to bring a tear to my eye when it's done. Nice floral taste, slightly malty, perfect amount of bitterness..I'll let you know when I carb it. I haven't quite decided whether I'm going to keg and force carb it or bottle it, yet.

Brewing an IPA today With Centennial and Simcoe Hops.... should tip the scale around 7%+ :)

Wish me luck its been WAY to long since I have brewed but I "THINK" I remember how its done.......its like riding a bike right?!?!?!?!

got the gram scale out to measure some white powdery substances!! and then shakespeare stout. At least one of my neighbors knows I'm homebrewing! the rest must think I'm running a meth lab with all the glass and copper and burners in my garage.

I'm doing my saison tomorrow. I will be doing the Evil twin either next weekend or for the big brew day.

Just getting my starter going for a 5 gallon batch of the Centennial Blonde that has been talked about so much here on the boards. Only slightly modified with an additional 1 oz. of Cascades in the secondary for 7 days of dry-hopping. Brewing Monday... can't wait! Oh yeah, and it's 4/20! :ban:

Brewing up the Moose Drool clone from Can you brew it and my buddy is brewing up an APA. We're both trying to enter these into a local comp next month.

Cheers all... nice to see some brewing going on. I, will not be, but when I get home my CCB Haus Ale should be finishing up. In a couple weeks, Saccs. Imperial Honey Porter complete with a ramp mash.

CHEERS!!

P1020452.jpg

that picture is awesome!

It puts everything into perspective. We can make something magical with coolers, buckets and plumbing supplies.

Kind of brings a tear to my eye.

Here is my planned brew for tomorrow...

BeerSmith Recipe Printout - BeerSmith Brewing Software, Recipes, Blog, Wiki and Discussion Forum
Recipe: 90min IIPA
Style: Imperial IPA
TYPE: All Grain

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 10.00 gal
Boil Size: 11.84 gal
Estimated OG: 1.093 SG
Estimated Color: 11.4 SRM
Estimated IBU: 98.4 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 75.00 %
Boil Time: 90 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
30 lbs Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 86.96 %
2 lbs Cara-Pils/Dextrine (2.0 SRM) Grain 5.80 %
2 lbs Munich Malt - 20L (20.0 SRM) Grain 5.80 %
8.0 oz Special B Malt (180.0 SRM) Grain 1.45 %
2.00 oz Magnum [13.40 %] (90 min) Hops 38.2 IBU
2.00 oz Magnum [13.40 %] (60 min) Hops 35.7 IBU
1.00 oz Magnum [13.40 %] (30 min) Hops 13.7 IBU
1.00 oz Cascade [7.70 %] (15 min) Hops 5.1 IBU
1.00 oz Cascade [7.70 %] (10 min) Hops 3.7 IBU
1.00 oz Cascade [7.70 %] (5 min) Hops 2.0 IBU
1.00 oz Cascade [7.70 %] (0 min) Hops -
2.00 items Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 15.0 min) Misc

Nottingham (Danstar #-) Yeast-Ale

Mash Schedule: My Mash
Total Grain Weight: 34.50 lb
----------------------------
My Mash
Step Time Name Description Step Temp
0 min Mash Add 11.21 gal of water at 163.5 F 152.0 F

Just finished setting out the equipment. Need to take the puppy to the vet for another round of shots, but as soon as I get back I'm firing up the burners. I'm making a 10g bohemian lager, and TwoHeadsBrewing is bringing over his gear to make a nice big barleywine. W00t for keg swaps.

Also have about 30lbs of steak that's going on the smoker to become jerkey, and two giant tri-tips for the bbq for anyone who stops in hungry. Best of all, 7 diff home brews on tap :D today is going to be a good day.

Barleywine! Doing a 10 gallon batch and maxxing out my sanke MLT. This will be my first brew in about a month, so I'm stoked. Also, I'm going to be brewing with Caspio at his place. But wait! There's more! 2x TriTip BBQ, plus we'll have 2 smokers going non-stop today making up some beef jerky. WooHoo! Extreme meatiness!!!

Brewed an IPA last night, OG 1.052 expected FG of 1.010. Lots of hops, 1 oz chinook, 1 oz Warrior, and 1 oz Amarillo at knockout.

lol took me about 20 mins to pull all my stuff out. I managed to get out of helping THB set up his stuff :)

mmm tasty barleywine. 39.5 pounds of grain will fill up a 15.5 gallon mash tun quite nicely
IMAGE_067.jpg

sparging:
IMAGE_068.jpg

draining into the bk:
IMAGE_069.jpg

Latest posts

Back