Punk Rock and Hardcore

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_g5zw5vRtU

It's just not Pennywise to me. It's real tough for a band to replace a singer and still be the same band.

Yeah, definitely not the same.

But what about when the only person left is the vocalist and he's a washed up hack? ;)

(this is absolutely awful if anyone hasn't seen it already. I was never a huge GN'R fan, but this is a travesty)

Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, definitely not the same.

But what about when the only person left is the vocalist and he's a washed up hack? ;)

(this is absolutely awful if anyone hasn't seen it already. I was never a huge GN'R fan, but this is a travesty)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZxMBq2usSU

Enjoy.

Haha, agreed. I order a lot of CDs from amazon.com and one order I got they sent me a free copy of Chinese Democracy. :D The CD is so bad they have to give it away...

BTW, agreed on Bad Brains. I love their hardcore stuff. The reggae stuff is cool, but I don't get into it like their hardcore material.

I had forgotten about these guys until one of my students made a joke about getting an F minus tonight.

What do you guys think of some of the crossover bands that are typically liked by both punks AND metalheads?

Do any of you have the capabilities of getting a quality recording of yourselves playing guitar? I want to write a punk rock brewing song and I can play bass, drums and can sing punk vocals, but I suck at guitar. If I write a song would any of you be able to record guitar for it?

If you're talking simple old school punk I can make something up.

Do you have recording capabilities? Even if you don't have a good amp, but can record a clean signal for me (I know, power chords recorded clean will sound weird) I can put the clean signal through a JCM 2000 that I have as well as through an amp designer that I have in my recording software.

Maybe after Christmas. When I don't have to worry about presents I'll maybe pick up a program for my PCM or talk to a work buddy who does that kinda of stuff.

Came across a split between these guys and the Prowlers the other day. Hadn't heard them before. Aside from most of their songs being in German, I'm really digging it. This song's off another split they did with Red Alert (another great band IMHO)

me & my 2 y/o were listening to Fall of the Bastards earlier. and I realized that I have no Chaos UK.

and we were rocking some Wretched Ones.

OK, so I've written a bass line and a whole page of lyrics. This is going to end up being in the style of The Unseen from their later stuff (think "State Of Discontent" and "Internal Salvation"). So far, so good.

Back