Flashing indicator light

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigPatBrewer

Reaction score
I am in the process of designing a toolbox pump setup like some of the other ones that I have seen on here. I wanted to put a small indicator light on the outside that would flash when the pump is on. Is there a quick easy way to do this? I have been searching online and haven't found much. Any ideas? Thanks

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Blue-Sea-LED-Indicator-Light-120V-AC-Red&i=84885&r=view&from=grid

simple LED below - about $2

edit: runs on 9V - you'll need to wire in a phone charger as your supply but with a little DIY, it can be done. Search you tube for 555 flash for other inspiration

led.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in the process of designing a toolbox pump setup like some of the other ones that I have seen on here. I wanted to put a small indicator light on the outside that would flash when the pump is on. Is there a quick easy way to do this? I have been searching online and haven't found much. Any ideas? Thanks

Might I ask why you want it to flash?
Seems to me having the lamp come on solid when the pump is on and off when the pump is off would be the way to go.

Yeah, use a flashing light with a circuit fault, that would be more informative.

Might I ask why you want it to flash?
Seems to me having the lamp come on solid when the pump is on and off when the pump is off would be the way to go.

The other switches I will be using will light up. I wanted a flashing one so that I would know from across the yard whether everything is powered up and pumping. I may add a sensor or something down the road.

Back