The official I Love Bacon thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arturo7

Reaction score
Breakfast

mmm bacon.jpg

You need a bigger fry pan.

Yesterday I made carbonara for lunch. Unfortunately it used up the last of my bacon, so now I am sadly lacking pork products.

I too, love bacon. Here is me eating some Bacon Explosion (Bacon, stuffed with sausage, stuffed with more bacon, and then grilled):

100_0327.jpg

It would get overstuffed as well.

OK I didn't want to get into this due to the controversy over oven vs stove-cooked bacon, but the real trick is to just use a baking sheet. Line the sheet with foil, layer the entire package of bacon onto the sheet, and stick it in the oven until done.

OK I didn't want to get into this due to the controversy over oven vs stove-cooked bacon, but the real trick is to just use a baking sheet. Line the sheet with foil, layer the entire package of bacon onto the sheet, and stick it in the oven until done.
Even better imo is parchment paper instead of foil.

Every day at work I make my own egg-a-muffin with english muffin, 1 egg, bacon, and american cheese. I cook a full package of bacon about every other weekend.

Another thing that helps it turn out better is draining off the grease about 2/3 of the way through cooking. Reserved for other cooking of course. I usually have so much bacon grease on-hand that I actually throw some away...as painful as that is.:D

AZ IPA you are my hero.

Anyone going to try a bacon brew? Swine Wine? Porker Porter? Snout Stout?

Ok I'll stop.

I too, love bacon. Here is me eating some Bacon Explosion (Bacon, stuffed with sausage, stuffed with more bacon, and then grilled):

100_0327.jpg
On Ohio Brewtus's Deck no less!

That's how we cook it, only no foil and on one of those ceramic type pans that you don't wash.

John Gustafson: Pop, I wish you'd try the low-fat bacon.
Grandpa Gustafson: Well, you can wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which gets filled first

Grandpa: Well let me tell you something now, Johnny. Last Thursday, I turned 95 years old. And I never exercised a day in my life. Every morning, I wake up, and I smoke a cigarette. And then I eat five strips of bacon. And for lunch, I eat a bacon sandwich. And for a midday snack?
John: Bacon.
Grandpa: Bacon! A whole damn plate! And I usually drink my dinner.

If it wasn't for Jim Gaffigan no one would love bacon.

I will admit that bacon weave is the sh#t.

This thread reminds me of (one of) my favorite Simpson's Quote:

Homer yelling at Bart, after Marge is doubtful of the health of the family's eating habits:
"Bacon up that sausage boy!"

You are, without a doubt, my new hero. That this is beautiful. Might just be my dinner tonight...

the key is to cook is on low heat for a long time so it doesn't curl - and keep draining the fat off (obviously reserve for later), and you want to roll it before it gets too crispy...

While grocery shopping the other day I picked up a tube of ready-to-cook cinnamon rolls and thought hey, I wonder how these would taste with bacon. As I read the back of the package I was reminded that the rolls are actually un-rolled when you remove them.
I unrolled the first pastry and the length of the dough reminded me of something. Could it be? Yes indeed. Serendipity. The unrolled pastry was nearly identical in size to a strip of bacon. This was going to be interesting.
After assembling all the bacon cinnamon rolls I popped them in the pre-heated oven at 425 degrees for about 15 minutes. I then pulled the rolls out of the oven and drizzled the icing upon them as directed.
Right from the first bite I knew we had a winner. The Smaste™ rating alone was a jaw-dropping 51.93. The entire house was filled with sugary, cinnamony, bacony aroma. The taste was both sweet and salty, a perfect combination for a morning pick-me-up meal. Highly recommended for any bacon lover!

00-bacon-cinnamon-roll.jpg

Yah got me thinking, I'm gonna do the bacon thing for breakfast, then save the grease for popcorn tomorrow night.

Need to get some bacon & beer...

100_0327.jpg

Bacon explosion FTW:

100_0310.jpg

100_0311.jpg

Not all bacon, but there's was about 40 pounds of pork at a party I had last month:
100_0323.jpg

Back