MooseKnuckle Brewery logo/label help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheep_Dog

Reaction score
Man there is an ass load of talent on this forum! Since I lack any kind of creative genes, especially the artistic ones, I was wondering if I could find a starving or thirsty graphic designer to help with the design of a logo and label for my start up brewery.

MooseKnuckle Brewery

MooseKnuckle being along the same lines as a camel toe but on a larger scale. Generally referred to a dude with some tight pants on. I sorta had an idea of a cartoon looking bull moose head with some old style of fonts. I can't pay much if any at all but I'll be sure to give you all the credit you deserve. If it's really good maybe a gift certificate to AHS would be in order. Thanks again to anyone willing to help!

OK did this while watching some Thursday night football. I thought the graphic was appropriate.

Moose.jpg

I have the origional GIMP file with the layers and such if it is needed.

Good one Erick....how long did it take you to crank that one out? Figure out what you're going to do for that double IPA?

Good one Erick....how long did it take you to crank that one out? Figure out what you're going to do for that double IPA?

Ahh only took about 30 min.

I got a 2 labels for the double IPA, I figure I will let you all vote one which one to use. I will have the both next time we brew.

OK did this while watching some Thursday night football. I thought the graphic was appropriate.

Moose.jpg

I have the origional GIMP file with the layers and such if it is needed.

Great looking label! Couldn't fit the theme better... You left a "K" out of Mooseknuckle, though! Not trying to be a stickler, but I wouldn't want you to print a bunch off without noticing!:)

Great label! We have been working with an idea that seems to be evolving. What we are looking for is a head shot of a cartoonish moose, head turned to the side a bit, eyes looking forward with kinda of an aggressive look to him. Showing a little teeth, with a sinister look in his eyes. Also maybe a raised hoof formed into a fist accentuating his knuckles.

Evan I love your design though that may end up on the back of a t-shirt, if you don't mind!

Evan I love your design though that may end up on the back of a t-shirt, if you don't mind!

I dont mind at all, I will try and remember to fix the Knuckle spelling tonight and repost it. If I dont, just bug me a few times. I knew I should have put it on my jump drive with the rest of my labels.

Erick

I always thought moose knuckle was the fat chick version of camel toe? Yeah just google images Moose Knuckle. You will see what I mean.

I love the logo though. Take a look before you fix the spelling though. Not all things need to be spelled right. Looks good without the xtra k.

It's a cool name... There is a brewery/restaurant in Austin, TX that goes by that name, too. Just shows you have good ideas!

Here's an idea that sounds a bit like what you were looking for. It's not that great because I rushed through it. Most people don't understand the time and conceptulization that goes into logo design, let alone a detailed graphic like you're looking for. I just don't have the time to make this right but perhaps you could use this as a concept for someone else.

Hope this helps and best of luck on your venture!

moose.jpg

Chris and IPA both great ideas, thanks!

Chris I kinda thought our graphic would require a little more time then most were willing to spend that's why I thought about running a contest but I have yet to hear back from the mod on that. But thanks for the time you did spend!

I always thought moose knuckle was the fat chick version of camel toe? Yeah just google images Moose Knuckle. You will see what I mean.

I love the logo though. Take a look before you fix the spelling though. Not all things need to be spelled right. Looks good without the xtra k.

I always thought Mooseknuckle was when a guy has camel toe! :(

I always thought Mooseknuckle was when a guy has camel toe! :(

A MosseKnuckle has been used when referring to both situations. We tend to use it more when a dude has on some serious tight pants!

Here's an idea that sounds a bit like what you were looking for. It's not that great because I rushed through it. Most people don't understand the time and conceptulization that goes into logo design, let alone a detailed graphic like you're looking for. I just don't have the time to make this right but perhaps you could use this as a concept for someone else.

Hope this helps and best of luck on your venture!

moose.jpg

I really like this! I'm a big fan of vector graphics for logos.

Yeh I never learned vector. Never found a good tutorial either - I'm apparently not artistic enough for all the tutorials out there? Oh well, I've already given up on my dream of being a designer. My entire life, people have told me I have terrible taste.

Latest posts

Back