BG 14 Banjo Burner assembly

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seedubxj

Reaction score
So obviously the assembly is straight forward, but I do have a question.

Should I be incorporating any teflon tape anywhere? I'm venturing to guess no, but I wanted to check anyways.

I'm using the Bayou adjustable regulator, so no DIY gas rail.

The instructions that came with the burner and regulator don't mention it, so I was curious.

Thanks!

I picked up some spring washers for mine. The spring they give you to hold the shutter disc in place is pretty chincy.

This is what I have. Do I need teflon between this assembly and the orofice? Or the orofice and the burner?

41QQQNourZL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

This is what I have. Do I need teflon between this assembly and the orofice? Or the orofice and the burner?

No. The hose to orifice coupling is a flare fitting and you definitely don't want to put any tape on it.
You could tape the orifice threads to the burner if the fit is really sloppy but otherwise that isn't necessary...

Cheers!

Awesome! Thanks guys! Gunna fire them up in an hour or so. I'll post my results!

How does this sound. Took 7 gallons of 50 degree water to boiling in around 45 minutes. Air temp was around 35 degrees. Is that good, bad or average?

Back