Stone Kona Coffee, Macadamia Nut, Coconut Porter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh its freaking delicious. I'm not much a fan of coffee beers, but this one was top notch. Usually I find that the coffee kind of muddles the taste of a porter, but the Kona they used had a nice roasty flavor that was balanced well with the sweetness of the coconut and macadamia!

Sean From NH

It is a nice beer. I think the homebrewed version that was converted is a bit better, but all in all this is a nice beer. The coconut is really up front with the nuts, and the coffee is great in it, too. I think I like the Maui coconut porter better, but this one works pretty well, too.

Oh its freaking delicious. I'm not much a fan of coffee beers, but this one was top notch. Usually I find that the coffee kind of muddles the taste of a porter, but the Kona they used had a nice roasty flavor that was balanced well with the sweetness of the coconut and macadamia!

It is a nice beer. I think the homebrewed version that was converted is a bit better, but all in all this is a nice beer. The coconut is really up front with the nuts, and the coffee is great in it, too. I think I like the Maui coconut porter better, but this one works pretty well, too.

Hmm, maybe my bottle was off. Me and SWMBO sampled this Thanksgiving evening and were both unimpressed. The coffee flavor was extremely overwhelming, the coconut was more of an aroma then a flavor, and the macadamia was lost. I was pretty excited to try it and disapointed once I did. After drinking it I had the feeling in my mouth that I had just drank a cup of coffee that was brewed with too many grounds. I didn't feel it was balanced at all.

Back