Beer It Forward

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcbaumannerb

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So this morning I was packing up a shipment to fulfill someone's MAW and had a couple of beers that almost fell off the shelf. Since I was in a generous mood I decided to pack those along with a home brew to send to someone as a surprise. Kind of like the concept of the (overall bad) movie Pay It Forward, but of course in this case it is beer. Knowing how many people on this site are extremely generous I thought others might want to build some beer karma doing the same thing.

So in that spirit I'm opening this thread. You could send it to someone you have traded with previously (as I am doing.) Or perhaps you know someone you'd like to send some beer to, but don't have their address. Ask someone who also knows that member if they have the address. Or, just post to the thread that you'd like to surprise someone - then someone else could forward another members address so you could send them beer. I don't expect this thread to take off like MAW or Swap-O-Rama, but I also know that with as many generous people that are on this site I won't be alone.

The rules (yes, there are always rules);

1. No money can exchange hands as a part of this.
2. You and the recipient must be 21 years of age or older.
3. Enclose a note saying that this is a 'Beer it Forward' package (or after you see that the carrier has delivered it, send a message on here.)
4. The package should be at least 24 ounces, but no more than 75 (this is about an unexpected surprise, not blowing up someones porch.)
5. If you receive a package, please post a picture and leave iTrader feedback to the person who sent it to you (provided you know who it was.)
6. If you forward the address of another member to someone looking for a recipient, please don't use yours :) .
7. If you know of someone that could use a pick-me-up or surprise like this but can't do it yourself, feel free to post that you know of someone.
8. Have fun and enjoy surprising someone!

Also - if you want to get an address or provide one but don't want to post in the thread (so as not to give away your involvement) you can contact me and I will be glad to post on your behalf.

Fooooooking awesome idea mark! Even no my hand has me down and out I must think of someone to send beer :) again great idea.

I just sent my address to mcbaumannerb and told him I was down to beer it forward to someone.

If anyone wants to send me an address I'll ship off a couple bottles.

are you talking just local good beer not available in mass distribution or are we talking rare/hard to find beers?

I've got a great buddy who I regularly send home beer with/ brew with that I'm trying to get started in homebrewing. He also runs his own beer blog. I'd be very grateful if one of you folks could send him some of your brews. His address is :

BLAKE M
3204 Normand Dr
College Station, TX 77845

Prost from Texas!

are you talking just local good beer not available in mass distribution or are we talking rare/hard to find beers?

No requirement. Home brew, small local brew, rare beers - whatever you feel you can part with. As an example I sent a rare-ish seasonal, a couple locals and a homebrew in mine.

I have an address!
Someone will be getting a nice little package in November.

It willbe mailed out 11/1, and include a Green Flash IPA, a Bigfoot barleywine, and a few bottles of homebrew (at the least)

Awesome - this sounds like a great way to get into the trading game without having/requesting super rare stuff right off the bat.

There's quite a few people I can think of that deserve some love. Too bad I can't send anything for a while!

Subscribed. I'm interested in seeing where this leads.

Maybe, if the package that is sent is a complete surprise, add a note for them to post a pic of what was sent. That way, everyone gets to see the goodies.

Love it. I can see some folks getting some boxes. I actually did this with fellow hbt'er he said something about coming home from the war and needed to brew as he was out. I asked for his address and sent him a hefty welcome home and thank you box.

Niiiiic!

This sounds awesome. I'd like to send something out. Anyone have an address they want to throw out there?

As soon as I have a few minutes I know someone that needs a bb25 sent out.... maybe someone who sent off his only one in a maw ..... of course someone who knows him would have to send me his address

I definitely love this idea and will need to get beer it forward sometime soon, might need to wait until next month though, just sent a few packages out but def subscribed for the future!

Sounds like fun. If anyone knows somebody looking for some craft brew from Denver area, let me know. I'll have some homebrew bottles in about a month.

I'm also in for sending some brews to someone to beer it forward if anyone has an address for me.

I'm mid west and I'll try to find some nice local beers and rarities and the obligatory homebrew and maybe even a cider.

I also pm'ed the OP.

I'm excited that tomorrow is pay day and I can do a little shopping and shipping. I have and address and I can't wait!

I think this is a stellar idea for sure. I appreciate that the requirement isn't rare beer. I find it hard to get my hands on such stuff because I tend to miss a lot of the releases. I definitely intend to make it a box of local stuff.

I got a call from my Fed ex guy today saying that he left a box just inside my mud room door. I wasn't expecting anything so I assumed the wife had ordered more baby stuff and left it at that.

I came home to see a beer sized box. And to my surprise it was addressed to yours truly.

Inside was this.

20131010_15210_zps9bb14402.jpg

Mark definitely brightened my week, thank you man

Back