What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Rodenbach in my fridge but I think I'm keeping it there for now. Maybe one more mild before I turn in...I'm pretty happy with the way this one turned out, considering I threw it together at the last minute two weeks ago.

Nut House Brown Ale . . . recipe courtesy of Arctic Brewing Supply, Inc. in Anchorage, AK. This seems to go best with a nice Steak & Potato dinner, but I like it all the same.

7 lbs Light Malt Extract
1/4 lb Chocolate Malt
1 lb Crystal Malt 120°L
1/2 lb Flaked Barley
2 oz Perle hops (1 1/2 for 60 min. 1/2 for 40 min)
1 oz. Willamette Hops (5 steep after boil)
White Labs English Ale yeast (or your choice of ale yeast)

Nicely dark, smooth, rich nutty flavor, with a light toasty nose. One of my favs!

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. For research purposes only... When I run out, some of my first ever batch, a Scottish Ale.

This is a "what are you drinking later"

We're going to our monthly whiskey and BBQ meetup. I don't drink whiskey so I'm bringing barrel aged beers

image-1891068100.jpg

Coffee

Waking up from a short nap after two brew days in a row. I guess the bottle of my own pale ale and a bottle of Lagunitas' Lil Sumpin' Wild for lunch was a bit too relaxing. ;-)

Lagunitas Daytime. Pretty good for such a low alcohol IPA. I have a handful of different scotches. That sounds like a good idea. Think I'll have me some Lagavulin next :mug:

I like that one too. My wife drinks alot of session IPAs since she needs to be up at 3 am on workdays. Of all of the ones I've had, I like that the best. And what's with all the scotches, I need to take my wife up on the "As soon as you need a bottle....." offer! :ban:

Founders Breakfast Stout, can't get enough of it! Tried brewing the award winning clone here, but was unsuccessful unfortunately. I'll give it another go at some point!

I've been fortunate enough to try KBS on tap once, delicious! I've been hunting for CBS, no luck yet!

Pyramid Thunderhead Ipa. Pretty decent.

Finishing up with a Lakefront Oktoberfest(prolly my least favorate style) no matter how many I try I still cant get into this style much. This is pretty drinkably/tolerable good for the style though,for me. Many Ive recently tried I drank half have went down the drain and Ive moved on to the next,to something worthy of having a limited amount for the night.

I like that one too. My wife drinks alot of session IPAs since she needs to be up at 3 am on workdays. Of all of the ones I've had, I like that the best. And what's with all the scotches, I need to take my wife up on the "As soon as you need a bottle....." offer! :ban:

I've made a couple session IPAs, but this is the first commercial one I've had. The color on it really through me for a loop when I poured it. Fortunately I have 5 more bottles :cross:

I've made a couple session IPAs, but this is the first commercial one I've had. The color on it really through me for a loop when I poured it. Fortunately I have 5 more bottles :cross:

It's the new thing I'm working on, the problem for me since I have to consider the lady is trying to keep calories down too. After trying Lag's, I'm thinking way more adjunct. I was way too conservative with the corn sugar. Oh, and moar hops!!! :mug:

Just had a Drake's Denogginizer. Had never heard of it until the waiter brought me a bottle as a replacement for my order which was out of stock. Very nice 9.5% 90 IBU IPA.

I brew my IPA with all extracts,& get a DFH color. The 6oz of hops,even in a 6G batch come out very tasty at some 5.86%. I can't wait till my PM cascade pale ale is ready to see what the color is compared to my all extract ones. I'm already planning to go PM on my APA/IPA's with one addition to the grain bill...hopefully.

so? What did you think?

Really good, really young. Huge pine and dank hop nose, some citrus too (lemon/lemongrass?) I poured it cold (40F), so the hops popped a bit, but there was some sweet booze-y notes too. The flavor was hops, bitter, hops, sweet caramel malts, fruit-y esters and booze. Not hot, but it's there for sure. As it warms, it's awesome. Stick-y sweet caramel, citrus-y hops, fruit, yum. Looking forward to trying this with age on it, but I'm glad I drank it young :mug:

^^^ sounds interesting. I read how much of what grains were in the midwest cascade pale kit. I'm thinking of adding .5lb of maris otter to that & using 3lb of plain light Munton's DME to take my APA/IPA to the next level. It'll give a bit more buiscotii caramel flavor to the malt side for a bit more backbone. In theory anyway. This PM stuff is getting good insomuch as freeing me up to experiment even more.

Back