Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a surprise you guys feel that way. Is arturo going to shock us with a similar opinion?

I'm going to say Kings in 6, but I realize it's pretty much anyone's game; heck, it's anyone's Cup, and ANY of the remaining teams can conceivably win the West. But the St. Louis homers were able to blame Halak for the first loss - not the case this time. And let's see if Pietrangelo even returns...

Far more worried about losing Petro than losing the game. If he's out I don't like our chances.

As for the game, Blues played one good period. If they don't step it up they'll be gone in 4, Petro or no.

It's liberating watching playoff hockey and not having a vested interest in anyone. This must be how leafs fans feel every. single. year.

Kind of hope LA wins now, damn Quick is good. I think the Vezina is going to be interesting with him, Rinne, and Lundqvist. I can't decide who deserves it the most!

StittsvilleJames said:
It's liberating watching playoff hockey and not having a vested interest in anyone. This must be how leafs fans feel every. single. year.

Kind of hope LA wins now, damn Quick is good. I think the Vezina is going to be interesting with him, Rinne, and Lundqvist. I can't decide who deserves it the most!

Yeah it's a tough call. I like Quick because of the lack of goal support he got, but I like Lundqvist because he's pretty much the sole reason the Rags are where they are. I just didn't get to see Rinne that much.

Flyers looked pretty miserable in the first, definitely could tell they were off for almost a week. They're getting it going in the second. Good to see JVR tickle the twine.

Devils doing well against the Flyers PP. 2-1 Flyers about halfway through the second.

Flyers handout shirt for today, and it's pretty awesome:
385726_10150727630681811_87169796810_9496182_1143633540_n.jpg

Devils need to win this game, Flyers are only get better. Devils haven't figured out they need to outscore Philly and I think the Flyers are remembering how irritating the Devils are defensively.

Ahhh...Briere, that's close on the kicking motion vs redirection. I'm behind the live game, had to take a phone call, but the first 3:30 minutes have been all Flyers.

Don't be a dick, the first goal was kicked in.

_

That wasn't being a dick. Don't be jealous your team can't score any more goals this post season.

My daughter was napping for the entire game (in the orange Flyers shirt), and I got her up during the intermission before OT. Came through again on a Sunday afternoon playoff game.

That wasn't being a dick. Don't be jealous your team can't score any more goals this post season.

My daughter was napping for the entire game (in the orange Flyers shirt), and I got her up during the intermission before OT. Came through again on a Sunday afternoon playoff game.

If you can't admit that the goal was kicked in, you ARE a homer.

If you can't admit that the goal was kicked in, you ARE a homer.

Did I ever say it wasn't kicked in? Just that it was close...a homer would argue he didn't kick it in that he was stopping, but the foot clearly advanced toward the goal, hence a kicking motion, and the correct call of no goal.

Y'all are reading the lines for something that's not there.

jtkratzer said:
How bout those Coyotes?

Definitely surprising me, but just goes to show you can't count ANYONE out in these playoffs. Except the Blues, of course.

They coyotes are playing like they want it way more than the Preds, though. Nashville really needs to get their hearts back in the game if they want to advance.

Well, as somebody previously said, you're not really in trouble until you lose at home.
And as far as the Flyers go... 4/4 when they give up the first goal. I guess they just thrive on the pressure instead of getting pessimistic as many players tend to do.

emjay said:
Well, as somebody previously said, you're not really in trouble until you lose at home.
And as far as the Flyers go... 4/4 when they give up the first goal. I guess they just thrive on the pressure instead of getting pessimistic as many players tend to do.

I think they gave up the first goal in 40-some games this year. Something ridiculous.

Barnzy02 said:
whats up with Nashville ? Didn't expect PHX to go up 2 on them

You make your own luck, but Phoenix is getting a lot of bounces going their way right now.

I've never seen Rinne look this bad, then again, i don't watch a lot of Nashville games.

But 9 goals against in two games, sounds more like a Bryz stat line than Rinne; only Bryz would win those games :cross:

So, at this point, what was the bigger surprise - Phoenix up 2-0 on Nashville or Philly's 3-0 and eventual 4-2 series win over Pittsburgh?

I went back and read some posts after my round 2 predictions and it's funny to see the comments about Phoenix maybe stealing a game and getting lucky to not get swept.

Brodeur's calling out the officials:

“The referees have a hard job. They see it live. Definitely van Riemsdyk pushed my stick over when he came across. He didn’t do it on purpose. He was going in front of the net and I had my position there. It prevented me from making the save. When it goes so quick like that for the referees, especially after disallowing one goal, they wouldn’t do that twice in Philly. That’s for sure.”

http://mobile.nj.com/advnj/pm_29222/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=l1ZnmFzK

JVR wasn't in the crease and barely touched any part of Brodeur or his equipment. Not sure what he's whining about.

I don't hear JVR whining about gettin worked over by Brodeur.

atleast he didn't end his team's season with the one yesterday, Marty's just having flashbacks to this:

Guy hasn't been clutch in years, not saying he isn't good or has his moments anymore ... but get him moving side to side, or get in his kitchen and he is beatable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Barnzy02 said:
I don't hear JVR whining about gettin worked over by Brodeur.

I wish JVR would use his size and stick up for himself. Doesn't need to fight, just get in someone's face occasionally. He gets pushed around too much.

Petro is skating this morning. The blues have a chance again!!

Side note, how in the hell was that hit on him not a major, or at the very least a double minor?

And then Shanahan doesn't even suspend him? WTF?

This type of play keeps hockey from being a major sport. It's obviously my favorite, and will be forever; but I can see how new fans don't get it and how the media (U.S.) disrespects it when something like this or the Shea Weber thing happens. What a joke.

Rinne's going to come back to earth, no way he goes through 2 more rounds playing like that. They really don't have a great offence, Howard let a few through he shouldn't have, even though he was very good last night(no shot on either goal). A team with a very good goalie (St.Louis, LA) that can score 3 goals a game should beat them. Nashville never scored over 3 goals in the series.

Yes, I called it. Nashville will be content with finally beating the Wings, they won't go far. You can quote that too.

I didn't see that coming either. Maybe after winning against Detroit, the Preds feel they have accomplished all they set out to do this year... ;)

I called it! :rockin:

Just saw the hit on Pietrangelo, not a major, not a suspension ... right call was made, IMO.

Gave him a bit of push, looked like Pietrangelo just lost his balance and momentum took him awkwardly to the boards.

Scary play, hope he's okay.

Just saw the hit on Pietrangelo, not a major, not a suspension ... right call was made, IMO.

Gave him a bit of push, looked like Pietrangelo just lost his balance and momentum took him awkwardly to the boards.

Scary play, hope he's okay.

Yeah, I agree. Am I the only one getting sick of everyone calling for a suspension everytime somebody gets hit? It's a violent sport and violent things will happen, unless a player intentionally tries to seriously injure another then call the penalty, if one's deserved, and leave it alone.

Back