New Equipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sirgallahad

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I have been interested in brewing for a while, and I might have my first opportunity at brewing in larger quantity if I can receive the investment from my friend's company and the proper licensing soon (both should be completed in a few weeks). Now that I'm getting ready to be able to sell my beer, I need to find better equipment to brew more than a standard Mr.Beer set. If anyone knows any sites that are good to look at (I'm looking namely for quality of product, but also price and reliability, too), I'd appreciate a point in the right direction of buying better equipment. Thanks!

Are you saying you are making a jump from Mr Beer right to professional brewer?
That is a bold leap. Congratulations on your opportunity. Here is a link to a classified board for professional brewery equipment. http://probrewer.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=26

If that is larger than you are looking for you can look up the Sabco and Brew Magic systems, as well as watching classifieds are this and other active brewing forums.

Awesome!
Good luck with the investors and putting it all together. It sounds like a huge undertaking.

I wish you only the best but I might suggest getting a little bit more experience under your belt before you start trying to sell beer. We have 30 batches under our belt and I would not quite yet feel comfortable marketing my beer professionally.

If you're serious though I would invest in 3 stainless kegs. 1 for a brew pot, 1 for a mash tun and 1 for a hot liquor tank. You'll need some propane burners and tanks as well as a false bottom, 3 ball valves, a 50 foot stainless or copper wort chiller, a bunch of carboys and various other stuff. Then you'll need a co2 tank, a regulator and a bunch of kegs. Since you've already got some Mr. Beer experience, why not jump right into all grain?

Back