Forum search - I must be a moron!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vtfan99

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok...I've done searches on all kinds of forums and websites. For whatever reason (perhaps its the homebrew), I can't search the forum for "green beer"....all I end up with is green OR beer. I've tried all manner of operators to signify that I want green AND beer....but no luck. So....can someone re-educate me on how to search this forum?

For what its worth...Im curious on how to make green beer...not a whole batch....but a maybe a pitcher's worth? Yeah yeah...I know....real beer snobs wouldn't want green beer...but I say "what the heck"...I want green beer. I assume food coloring...but how much?

Thanks for all the help. Good deed for the day...helping the moron :drunk:

From what I know of green beer, all they do is take crappy american lager and put green food dye in it. I don't think there is a reasonable way to make beer green in the brewing process.

I think that the best result will be from a couple drops of blue coloring, that's how they do it the in bars. Yellow+blue=green. Of course, your puke will be green later too.

vtfan99 said:
Yeah yeah...I know....real beer snobs wouldn't want green beer... :drunk:

Don't Worry! This a snob-free forum (due to the inherent calming properties of drinking your own stash).

What is 'green beer' excactly anyway? Some kind of St Patrick's day thing?

Back