Drunk Joy Bike Riding

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Logadacious

Reaction score
Recently I visited a friend in Venice Beach, CA and got super drunk. I had taken some time off drinking for about 5 days. Needless to say I got drunk really fast. It actually saved me quite a bit of cash so I didn't care. At the last bar I capped my night off with a Dogfish Head 60 Min IPA. That really kicked the brain around a bit. Walked out of the bar and came across some food carts where I saw this lonely girl eating a quesadilla. I got her number, but can't remember what she looks like. We are getting together this weekend. I will ask to meet up and do a drive by to make sure its worth it. So anyways, we unlocked our bikes and went on a joy ride around town on the way home. My friend thought it a great idea to cut me off and ram me into a car on the side of the road. My knee and bike went smashing in to the car. At this time it was two in the morning and the car I ran into had a guy in it and I am pretty sure he was masturbating. He just yelled "hey man WTF!!!", and we rode away as fast as we could. I got my friend back later when I clipped his back tire and broke his gears. Good times.

I like how 5 days without a beer is taking time off. I need to up my game.

sounds like a good night, Although I would be quite pissed if you "interrupted" me in my car

So a bike isn't considered a vehicle and subject to the same laws as a car in California? Good job not getting a dui or catching a car to your face. Also speaks wonderfully of your personality considering doing a drive by on someone you asked out on a date to see if she's worth it. I need to take 5 days off drinking so I can get super crunked next time. It'll be like to FAP February back in school.

What a fantastic post.

You were so drunk, yet, you were able to determine that the girl eating a quesadilla was "lonely" hahaha.

So a bike isn't considered a vehicle and subject to the same laws as a car in California? Good job not getting a dui or catching a car to your face. Also speaks wonderfully of your personality considering doing a drive by on someone you asked out on a date to see if she's worth it. I need to take 5 days off drinking so I can get super crunked next time. It'll be like to FAP February back in school.

Yes you can DEFINITELY get a DUI while riding a bike, and it goes on your driver's license.

MC

I want to provide an update on the girl that I did the drive by on. I have no remembrance of what she looks like except she was a brunette. I know she is thin because she does ballet apparently. Or at lease that's what she told me. I have to hope that I can trust myself about judging women's looks when I drink. But it has failed me many times in the past. We are getting together next weekend. I really am nervous for how long of a drive it will be to meet someone I can't remember what she looks like...should I ask for a photo?

Meet somewhere and both bring your bikes. Get loose and crash her into a car the same way your buddy did. If she she chases you down and does the same to you, she's a keeper.

Not only is that girl lonely she sounds desperate.J.K. Sometimes good things happen.I probably would have led a pretty dull life if i never had drunken adventures.Iv'e had a lot of problems from it too.Be carefull on that bike stay out of the street or at least take the backstreets if possible.Now im sounding like a gramma or something"Call me when you get there,how am i suppose to know if your not dead in a ditch or smashed into a car with a masterbating man!"
Sounds like you had at least a verbal connection with this girl being drunk and all she didnt seem to think you were a creep.

How'd she miss that?

I'm guessing something isn't quite right with her. Us women tend to be like pack animals.... think about, we even go to the bathroom in groups. Yet here is this girl out late at night, by herself, eating off the food truck..... and she agrees to a date with a totally wasted guy that rode up on his bicycle.

Yeah..... I can't wait to hear how this thing turns out :D

Somethings wrong if he never posts on his thread again,then i am worried hes dead and in a ditch.:eek:

Dick move. Just man up and go. Enjoy the company and if she's a dog end the night early.

Im going to go with the OP here and say he SHOULD ask for a picture. Gas is close to 5 bucks a gallon these days. Just saying

Hawaiian brewer has a good point here. So instead what I have decided to do...is invite her to visit me. Then she will pay for the gas.

Yes you can DEFINITELY get a DUI while riding a bike, and it goes on your driver's license.

MC

Actually you can't. That's just a myth. Worst you can get is a ticket for "personal endangerment," but no cop would actually issue one of those because it's not worth their time.

People try to argue with me on this all the time. In college, once a year we had a lawyer come and give a talk at our fraternity house as part of our risk management requirements. Two different lawyers confirmed it's a myth as did my dad who's been a cop for 35 years (although he wasn't happy that I was calling him at 1 in the morning because I wanted to ride my bike to McDonald's).

Maybe it's different in other states (can't imagine it would be), but in Missouri at least, you absolutely can't get a DUI on a non motorized bike.

In Florida a bicycle operating in the public right-of-way is a "vehicle" and subject to laws applicable to vehicles, including DUI laws. On one day in St Pete in 2009 there were two tickets issued for bicycle DUI, for completely separate incidents. In one case, the rider was riding a bike because he knew he was too drunk to drive.

Actually you can't. That's just a myth. Worst you can get is a ticket for "personal endangerment," but no cop would actually issue one of those because it's not worth their time.

Maybe it's different in other states (can't imagine it would be), but in Missouri at least, you absolutely can't get a DUI on a non motorized bike.

You're on a vehicle, whether you propel it or a motor does, doesn't make that much difference: http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...e-riders-charged-with-dui-on-same-day/1033308

http://www.wisegeek.com/can-you-really-get-a-dui-on-a-horse-or-bicycle.htm

I have a an old HS friend that rode his bike after a few beers, crashed it, and got a nasty scar on his right temple to prove it.

About the only safe+legal way to get somewhere after you've had too many is on foot (watch out for D-I-P) or take a cab.

MC

People try to argue with me on this all the time. In college, once a year we had a lawyer come and give a talk at our fraternity house as part of our risk management requirements. Two different lawyers confirmed it's a myth as did my dad who's been a cop for 35 years (although he wasn't happy that I was calling him at 1 in the morning because I wanted to ride my bike to McDonald's).

Well think how dumb being in traffic would be drunk on a bike? Very dangerous to themselves especially if you have a friend trying to make you crash into cars with a masturbating man.

I was with 2 friends riding bikes (3 guys, two bikes) really drunk after a Social D show in atlantic city on the boardwalk, to and from an Irish pub. A cop drove by us and just shook her head. There were a few minor crashes, and I know it was stupid, but it was really fun.

All, I wanted to give an update. I will be meeting with this girl tonight. Oddly I have a good feeling about it. I will try and sneak a picture of her for everyone. Trust me I am just as interested as all of you in what she looks like. Wish me luck! I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers!

All, I wanted to give an update. I will be meeting with this girl tonight. Oddly I have a good feeling about it. I will try and sneak a picture of her for everyone. Trust me I am just as interested as all of you in what she looks like. Wish me luck! I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers!

I think this is officially my favorite thread!

Good luck on your date.... :mug:

Just tell her you need a picture of her to post on the internet. No way she turns that down.

I'd like to hear the long version. I'm wondering how that short version could possibly be elaborated upon.

Back