Brewpad temp control?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChadChaney

Reaction score
So I want to make a Sasion using the Dupont strain, and I realize I need to pitch at 90* and hold it there, so I bought a brewpad. Well, I apparently did not do my research well enough because this unit has not temp control. Anybody out there using this and have some feedback about the temp it maintains, or better yet how to add temp control for it? I would love to be able to dial in the temp. to a certain degree, plus or minus a bit. Did a little digging on Google and did not have the best luck.

Use the HBT search feature for 'brewpad' and there are a few threads on temp controlling them.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/brewpad-brew-belt-ranco-controller-232406/

To really dial it in, it helps to have a thermowell inside the beer. I use a plastic fermenter, so just put a thermowell through a #2 stopper in the lid. The RANCO temp controller probe drops in and I can dial my temp in on the control panel.

n.b. I use my setup to cool my fermentation temps down to ale temps (California here) using a fountain pump and ice water bath for my fermenter.

--LexusChris

I bought a used refrig and the Ranco 2 stage controller. One stage controls the brew pad mounted on the back wall of the frig, the other stage controls the frig. I can heat or cool and control ferment temps for any kind of beer. Total cost was about $400.

Back