HBO Shows

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesefood

Reaction score
This Flight of the Conchords show is such a blatant Tenacious D ripoff that it makes my weiner sad.

Seriously- this show blows. It was funny the first time, but much like Dave Matthews it was destined to bring about way too many wannabes.

I think the FotC is a D ripoff but their most popular songs are really funny. The show doesn't translate well so I'm not going to watch it. I don't want it to ruin it for me.

Cheesefood said:
This Flight of the Conchords show is such a blatant Tenacious D ripoff that it makes my weiner sad.
Seriously- this show blows. It was funny the first time, but much like Dave Matthews it was destined to bring about way too many wannabes.

and aren't they by admission ripping of the 1,2,and 3rd best NZ satirical folk duos?

When can we expect them to drop a load of crap off a Chicago bridge onto some Cub fans?

the flight show after Entourage on Sunday was horrible. SWMBO and I both agreed when we were re-arranging furniture.

I've never been able to get into Entourage or the Soprano's.

I do like Curb your Enthusiasm and Extras a lot. First season of Six Feet Under I thought was well done as well.

Wizza said:
i realy like Deadwood just waiting for the next season to come out

Didn't they can Deadwood? It was one of my favorite shows, but I heard it got axed, which helped me make the decision to drop HBO and put that $$ into Netflix instead.

Did they end up keeping Deadwood??? That would make me very happy.

TxBrew said:
I've never been able to get into Entourage or the Soprano's.

I do like Curb your Enthusiasm and Extras a lot. First season of Six Feet Under I thought was well done as well.

:off: Did you guys know Larry David left Seinfeld after the 7th season? I just got Season 8 on DVD, I think the show got way too complicated/busy and a little....gimicky(something like this, but hard to explain) after the 7th season. Now I see it must be because he left. Anyone agree/notice this? I love Curb, amazing show. BINGOOOOOO!

Mommy, mommy. The old man's in the bathroom, and he's got something hard in his pants.

Great show. Every episode is damn funny.

I loved the episode where he ruins the wedding by telling everyone they were eating dog. :p

O man wtf yea they killed deadwood ! I guess there going to be making 2 movies based on the show but man, now thinking of droping HBO too:(

Back